Cig Lighter removal to put in GPS - Page 4 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cig Lighter removal to put in GPS
Tuesday, July 06, 2010 6:30 PM
I like fiberglass.............Finished.

I HATE the glassing process.

Lots of trial and error if you want to do it yourself and have it look right.

Friday, July 09, 2010 2:40 PM
yeah fiberglassing is pretty fun, but i learned that i should have used the Elmer's Fiberglass Mat instead of the Bondo Fiberglass Repair Kit. The one that came in my kit was way too thick and stringy. There were strings everywhere and they stick to the paint brush and every place else. if i ever fiberglass again, i am going to pick up the Elmer's fiberglass mat because it looks so thing and the strings are very well weaved together and doesn't look like it would create a huge mess like mine did.

Sunday, July 11, 2010 11:52 PM
i am always down for someone to come up with a idea and new style only thing i say and i realize this cause i had my GPS "kinda" in the same area it sucks when u have to look down and u cant see it clearly
Sunday, July 18, 2010 10:40 AM
justin smith wrote:

probably impossible would look incredibly cool.

I hope you do it this way. That way if you ever wreck your @!#$, the gps smashes your face!
Sunday, July 18, 2010 1:47 PM
AtoBsunfire (Troy) wrote:
justin smith wrote:

probably impossible would look incredibly cool.

I hope you do it this way. That way if you ever wreck your @!#$, the gps smashes your face!

your'e a @!#$ dick. justin's not the brightest light around but so what

Sunday, July 18, 2010 6:01 PM
WTf him again how the roller paint job go and now your starting something you will never finish.
Friday, July 23, 2010 7:59 PM
Thought you guys would like to see his finished GPS molding.

Quote:

here is my semi-molded gps. i figured i would leave one end open so it gets some air. didn't know how to clean up the hot glue to make it look nice so i put electrical tape there. hopefully i will find something cleaner, but for now this doesn't look horrible.

This @!#$ is custom yo.. I need to do this to my Malibu. Might have to use some camo duct tape to put my own twist on it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, July 23, 2010 9:47 PM

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Saturday, July 24, 2010 4:10 AM
WOW

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Saturday, July 24, 2010 9:19 AM
Cavie Freak aka E-Thug wrote:Thought you guys would like to see his finished GPS molding.

Quote:

here is my semi-molded gps. i figured i would leave one end open so it gets some air. didn't know how to clean up the hot glue to make it look nice so i put electrical tape there. hopefully i will find something cleaner, but for now this doesn't look horrible.

This @!#$ is custom yo.. I need to do this to my Malibu. Might have to use some camo duct tape to put my own twist on it

No matter how many times I see this, it will always make me cringe... I know hes a little slow, but could he have picked a worse place to put it? Surprised he didnt put it in the back of the head rests or in the ECU (because if you hook it into the ECU, the car will drive itself to said destination... surprised you noobs didnt know that)

Saturday, July 24, 2010 4:18 PM
lol, guess it's not an armrest anymore. Might be a niche for learning how to control a GPS with your elbow though.

Friday, July 30, 2010 12:40 AM
I've had mine in my window for the good part of 6 or 7 months... hasn't even budged yet.

Nice armrest mod. Lemme know when ya smash the screen, I'll buy the GPS off ya. My TomTom needs a new battery.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search