Another place to mount gauges - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another place to mount gauges
Friday, July 30, 2010 5:37 PM
There was someone on here that asked if there was another place to mount gauges other than the pillars or just stick it on the dash so here is where I put them

The pod is 3.5 (the 4th ring was sanded down) rings of 3/4" MDF glued together and wrapped in black suede. The glowshift gauges are hot glued in (stuff sticks great to MDF) and there are two 1/2" MDF angled pieces to angle the gauges up. They can still be read while driving. The pod is in the space at the front of the console. I have to pull it out a couple inches and angle it down to slide it in.

I'm not sure how to post images so here are the links to the photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41663888@N02/4845220434/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41663888@N02/4844602409/

Re: Another place to mount gauges
Friday, July 30, 2010 5:46 PM
Not bad, but that is a horrible location for gauges. You have to take your eyes completely off the road to look at them and also cannot see anything out of your peripheral vision. I had my airride control there for a month and hated it.

Boost > N/A

180hp in 1989 or 260hp in 2008, you decide. Quad < Ecotec

Friday, July 30, 2010 5:55 PM
That's where my gauges are installed. Nice work.

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Friday, July 30, 2010 6:05 PM
Tinkles wrote:Not bad, but that is a horrible location for gauges. You have to take your eyes completely off the road to look at them and also cannot see anything out of your peripheral vision. I had my airride control there for a month and hated it.

Agreed too far down except for maybe secondary, non vital gauges.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Friday, July 30, 2010 9:01 PM
That's what they are for me just to make sure everything is working good from time to time not to constantly stare at

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search