New Window Crank Ideas - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Window Crank Ideas
Saturday, July 24, 2010 11:31 PM
I kinda failed big time on this one.... So I finally finished up swapping my door panals filling in the vents with bondo, painting them and installing my speakers. Never thoguht to make sure the window crank would hit them. And sure enough...it does. So what should I do? (that does NOT involve taking my door panals off and/or moving the speaekers. Its jsut not going to happen)

I was thinking of a way to extend the existing handle so it goes over the speaker and tweeter. Or something ridiculous or unique (depending how you look at it) a modified outdoor hose water facet. (that circular thing you twist to turn your water one, I cant think of what its called right now) It would be slow to open the windows, but it would work! haha

what do you guys think, and ideas are a help right about now? Its freaking hot and my airconditioning is just hot air and pliers to open my windows is awkward when im driving. lol

Re: New Window Crank Ideas
Sunday, July 25, 2010 6:59 AM
Why don't you just do a spal power window kit? The you don't have to worry about it at all.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Sunday, July 25, 2010 7:06 AM
i dont know man. I just dont ever want to take those door panals off. The way all the wiring from the crossover and leds is. I'll probably never get them back on right. haha. As well, I messed up cutting the hole for the speaker so I had to mount the grills directry to the plstic and wood behind. Its just kind of a haggered job, but the outer appearence is nice
Sunday, July 25, 2010 10:45 PM
try serching the net for shorter window cranks. im pretty sure there are some specially those made for old cars. not sure where you could start though but at least an idea.

03 cav
5 speed sedan
Monday, July 26, 2010 8:42 AM
Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:16 PM
Ray that's hillarious! Love Red-Green! Sean just use your imagination and do something different. Everyone may not like it, but I'm learning more and more on here that people seem to think that anything that's not done to their standards is crap and I think it's rather lame when nobody can be supportive of anyone's taste in anything. So ignore the crude's cause it seems alot on here on live to be that way.
Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:31 PM
Although the water spicket idea would be unique and kinda cool you would hate it because it would make your hand cramp from turning it all the way. I would look for or modify your handles. Either shorten or lengthen them by cutting and welding then powder coating to match and look polished. As for power windows I am pretty sure that you could pull power windows form a junk yard J and put them in for cheap. I believe most J's came with them partially prewired for power windows and mirrors.

I accidentally the SHIFT LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Friday, July 30, 2010 4:00 AM
since you said behind the door panel is a hack job, why not take it back off and to the thing the right way so its no longer a hack job and so things work right.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, July 30, 2010 11:49 PM
just an idea i have seen chrome window cranks i think it was at like auto zone not sure but they look good... anyways the front window cranks are the size of stock but the ones for the back doors are short stubby ones... that might work for ya just order the back set lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search