Broken plastic piece underneath interior door handle - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Broken plastic piece underneath interior door handle
Sunday, August 01, 2010 4:28 PM
Quite a few years ago now, I got some car stereo speakers installed in the doors of my 1999 Pontiac Sunfire GT. The installer had some problems fitting the component speakers into the door, but eventually got them to go in. A year or so later, the plastic piece that goes under the door handle fell out...it turns out when he put the door back together he broke the pieces that keep them in the door (on both the driver's and passengers' side) It looks like the plastic tabs are broken. Has anyone found a way to fix something like that or will i have to replace both inserts? i've looked in junkyards for them, and it seems the ones from different years fit different and look different.

Re: Broken plastic piece underneath interior door handle
Wednesday, January 29, 2014 5:25 AM
It's been awhile since I posted this, but has anyone else had this problem and if so, found a way to fix it?
Friday, February 28, 2014 12:25 PM
anyone?
Sunday, March 02, 2014 2:03 AM
If it were me, I would just replace the entire door panels. They're fairly cheap at your local Junkyard more than likely.
Sunday, March 02, 2014 3:45 AM
Have a picture of the piece that broke?

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 12:01 PM
If you're talking about the sorta moon-shaped piece that fits into the door panel, it's not really meant to be removed and re-inserted... the tabs are pretty brittle as is, I can't imagine time makes it any better. The ones I have in my 'vert (I converted to Sunfire interior) are all broken, so I took the panels off and used construction adhesive to keep them in place. They won't ever move now.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search