Question About Trunk Rattle - Page 2 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Question About Trunk Rattle
Tuesday, August 03, 2010 10:47 AM
Jim Crockett wrote:TheSundownfire said: Theres a vent behind the carpet on the passenger side quarter panel in the trunk.

I'm just an observer whos had a 99 Z for 10 years now. I've always had a 2 12s in the trunk and to stop those vent rattles I stuffed it with hand towles years ago. It completely stopped those rattles but reading this post completely reminded me of doing that years ago. I see you guys talking about the fact its for decompression. Was that moronic to do? Should I go back in there and take the towels out? Is it/has it caused any problems I am un-aware of. Lol sorry if this is a dumb question dudes, I'm just an observer that happened to buy a 99z at 16 and still drive the beast going on 27.

No there won't be any problems caused by this it just might be a little harder to close doors since there is compression on the inside. I think that's about it i sealed mine with sound deadner

Re: Question About Trunk Rattle
Tuesday, August 03, 2010 1:13 PM
Thanks for your reply Nikki. I noticed in the past summers that the AC would weaken with the windows up and would be slightly more powerful when the window is cracked (air pressure that is).. I always thought I caused that by sealing it, hence the pressure?. My AC needs to be charged each summer due to a leak if I want cold air (luckily get it done free so i will never fix the leak + i live in Chicago, not that many hot months where AC is needed). Glad this was brought up I completely forgot about it until I read this post. Sidenote: When I financially can purchase a new car I hope to sell my beloved cav to someone on this site.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search