FYI: 2004 Cavalier dash pad removal - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FYI: 2004 Cavalier dash pad removal
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:36 PM
So I dug around on the net to find directions on how to remove the dash pad so I could replace the bulbs in the HVAC.

What I ran into is that the three "pressure pins" around the airbag cover are not the same as around the rest of the pad or even around the plastic fascia covering the stereo/hvac.

The plastic pins don't have the metal spring clips over them. Instead, they're just the plastic pin which are pressed into the metal brace plate. That plate had "tabs" bent to grip the plastic pin. Try as I could, I could not get any of those to pull out. Even to the point that the dang plastic backing to the pad started tearing away from the pin.

Totally sucks.

Since I couldn't get that area uncovered, I couldn't unbolt the top right bolt on the lower dash. Fortunately, I was able to get my son to hold the lower cover open enough that I could unscrew the HVAC module, tilt it out some and replace the bulbs.

Re: FYI: 2004 Cavalier dash pad removal
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:56 PM
The airbag cover comes out with the dash pad. Open the glove box and in the back of it there is a cut away that allows you to reach the 2 bolts to the support brace.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Re: FYI: 2004 Cavalier dash pad removal
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 2:17 PM
DOH! Wow, I must have missed that in the directions I found. Good to know for the future. Thanks.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search