first step on the sunfire interor swap - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
first step on the sunfire interor swap
Monday, January 17, 2011 6:07 PM
im planning on doing a whole sunfire to cavalier interior swap and just this last summer i had my start. the cavalier seats were shot so i figured id start there. i went to my local upick junkard and grabbed a nice set of sunfire seats. the lumbar adjuster was a bonus for me as i didnt notice it til i had the seats home. anyways enough chatter heres some pics. comments questions opinions feel free.

Re: first step on the sunfire interor swap
Monday, January 17, 2011 6:08 PM

Monday, January 17, 2011 6:57 PM
Doing a 2003+ sunfire dash?

Monday, January 17, 2011 7:39 PM
never really thought about years. is it harder to do the newer ones?

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:29 AM
not really, just strip a sunfire interior til you have everything you want/need and take everything from the cavy, and swap it over

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:45 AM
make sure you get the metal frame underneath the large lower dash piece. Also try to grab the metal tab behind the door panels. The door panel piece isn't as important, but it helps keep the door rigid. The dash piece is important. You can't do it without that. Also, the rear window pieces don't fit from sunfire to cavalier because the rear glass is shaped diferent. Other then that everything is 100% swappable and very easy to do.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:20 AM
What's with the random green crap?

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:19 AM
the lemur wrote:make sure you get the metal frame underneath the large lower dash piece. Also try to grab the metal tab behind the door panels. The door panel piece isn't as important, but it helps keep the door rigid. The dash piece is important. You can't do it without that. Also, the rear window pieces don't fit from sunfire to cavalier because the rear glass is shaped diferent. Other then that everything is 100% swappable and very easy to do.

alright and yea i figured the rear window pieces wouldnt fit because of what you had mentioned about the glass. but everything else that i can swap is being swapped.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:21 AM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:What's with the random green crap?

the random green "crap" is the covers for the springs on the seats i painted em green to match the vents that are already painted, that will change of course when i start on the dash/door panel swap.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search