Cavi 99->00+ Dash swap cluster question - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cavi 99->00+ Dash swap cluster question
Monday, February 28, 2011 11:26 PM
Alright after hours of pouring through the forums here, it seems that the very few people that swapped dashes from 99 to 00+ and retained the 99 cluster, all no longer have working picture links. I have a custom fiberglassed dash piece right now for a monitor, but really love the amount of room in the 00+ dash for the monitor because of the double din. That and I also have cracks in the dash I want to get rid of....and I have insurance money to spend

So my question is, does anybody have pics of their 99->00+ dash swaps while retaining the 99 gauge cluster? And for bonus points any pointers for getting it to fit? I'm planning on doing this in 2 weeks, so figured I'd do the read first do later tactic. Thanks in advance!

Re: Cavi 99->00+ Dash swap cluster question
Wednesday, March 02, 2011 5:15 AM
I am planning on doing this same swap in a couple of weeks. If you do a fairly deep search you can find some posts from a couple of years ago about people doing this. All you have to do to get the 99 cluster to work is trim some plastic, from what I understand its not a big deal but I havent tried it yet.

Good luck with your swap and make sure you post some pictures up!
Wednesday, March 02, 2011 5:36 AM
I did a 00+ sunfire dash swap in my cav and still have the 99 cluster.

It's simple just needs a few small cuts with the dremel to get the cluster to sit in the main dash right. Took me maybe 10 minutes to get perfect.

Want hub spacers? Shoot me a PM.

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 12:51 PM
You happen to have any pictures you can share? I was actually torn between deciding between the sunfire and cavy dash.
Wednesday, March 02, 2011 12:59 PM
Best I got right now

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 2:46 PM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:I did a 00+ sunfire dash swap in my cav and still have the 99 cluster.

It's simple just needs a few small cuts with the dremel to get the cluster to sit in the main dash right. Took me maybe 10 minutes to get perfect.

I didnt know there was a difference. Your interior looks just like mine.

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 3:11 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:I did a 00+ sunfire dash swap in my cav and still have the 99 cluster.

I didnt know there was a difference. Your interior looks just like mine.

Yes sir, the 00+ j's use the same shape cluster.

95-99 sunfires and cavs had different shaped one.

But like I had said you cant even tell it wasnt meant to be there and only took a few mins to make that way.

Thursday, March 03, 2011 2:10 PM
Wow I'm actually really impressed. The way people were talking made it seem like it took hours to make it fit, and even then it didn't look like it was factory, but after seeing yours I think this wont be an issue at all now

Did you have to cut the dash or did you cut the cluster up to make it fit? Or both?

And lastly when you did the dash swap were the vacuum lines for the ac control long enough to reach the new lower location?
Thursday, March 03, 2011 4:10 PM
I only cut the main dash itself never had to cut on the cluster.

Hvac had no issue at all reaching.

Really straight forward just remember cut small til it fits don't get in a bad spot by cutting to much.

Thursday, March 03, 2011 8:26 PM
i did the same thing to get my cav cluster to fit the sunfire dash.. just cut small amounts in certain spots that keep the cluster from sitting level.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search