HVAC lights wont come on - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HVAC lights wont come on
Sunday, April 03, 2011 7:45 AM
every time i take my dash apart, when i put it back together, the hvac lights wont come on. usually, i just give it the fist of motivation once or twice, and then they work fine. but this time, that didnt work. dash is completely put back together, dimmer is plugged in(works with the cluster lights), cig lighter plugged in and working, all the clips on the back of the hvac are tight, no popped fuses. is there some cavalier trick that i dont know about? oh, the little orange light for the defrost, and the green light for a/c still come on. its just the illumination lights that arent working.

Re: HVAC lights wont come on
Sunday, April 03, 2011 11:43 AM
check the bulbs, and the wiring to it, worst comes to worst go to the wrecker and get another one

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Sunday, April 03, 2011 11:54 AM
i have this problem too, mine will come on from time to time like they are supposed to but some times they dont come on and you have to smack the bottom of the dash near the cup holders to get them to come on anyone know whats up with this?

CarDomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3828276
Sunday, April 03, 2011 12:18 PM
Its the light bulbs, while you're at it go ahead and change the bulbs to three led light replacement color of your choise and enjoy the view, I believe you just twist the bulb holder and replace the bulb with the #74 led light

Modding my j since I found the org
Sunday, April 03, 2011 4:03 PM
ill probably replace them, but i cant imagine ALL of the bulbs doing the same thing at the same time if theyre going bad, thats just too big of a coincidence. and i have checked all the wires on the back. im gonna order the bulbs now and report back once i put them in.
Sunday, April 10, 2011 12:52 PM
so i replaced them with the high power blue #74 from SBLEDS and they work fine now. i thought there was 3 bulbs, but i guess theres only 2 so i have an extra one now.
Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:14 PM
ok. so they worked fine.....work......ed.....i gave the side piece of the hvac a little "bump" of encouragement, and they worked for a while. now they just dont turn on at all. brand new led bulbs, and when i hit the dash, they flicker, but dont stay on. its like theres a loose connection. but trust me when i say, i have check all the connections.
Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:54 AM
Same problem here.

CV
Friday, July 22, 2011 1:26 AM
Our HVAC set up seem to suck im some way or another no matter what. I went through the same thing. Checked all fuses, replaced bulbs, prayed and still nothing. I ended up cutting the wire and turns out it was getting no power. So I just ran a new power line to my radio.

However, do NOT get the 10 pack of 74 blue led bulbs from eBay. They are garbage and all failed on me within a couple.months. All of them...

Hope that helped some.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search