Sunfire Dash Pad Swap - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sunfire Dash Pad Swap
Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:21 AM
Hey guys!
how much of a pain would it be to swap the top dash pad on my 2002 sunfire with the dash pad from a 2003+??
i REALLLLLLLLLLLY want the round vents... could i just take the old dash off and put the new one on? O_O or are there brackets that need to be swapped and what not? thanks in advance guys!

Re: Sunfire Dash Pad Swap
Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:13 PM
direct swap, did mine a long while back. Fit like stock.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:26 PM
yup direct swap, but you need the vent hoses from for the 03 top dash

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:07 AM
Ok sweet thx guys gonna check into grabbin the dash stuff on fridayyyy
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:55 AM
yeah snag the ducts as well, im still running the 95 ducts but get em if you can.

Friday, May 27, 2011 2:03 PM
Yeah you can run the 95-02 ducts. I kept the 95-02 ones in my 99 when I swapped to the 03+ dash pad in it years back.

Saturday, May 28, 2011 6:33 AM
One of the best, cheapest and easiest mods I ever did to my Sunfires!

It may be even cheaper if you can find one with a deployed airbag. The airbag covers can be easily interchanged. The one I got had a busted airbag cover, so I only paid $30.00 for it. It's held on by a couple scews/bolts, so all you have to do is just take the one off your current dash pad and switch it over to the "new" dash pad .

Saturday, May 28, 2011 5:33 PM
SWEET interior J, i'm 300% doing this. I'm a little more broke this week than i figured, but i have 12 hours overtime coming next week, so it's ON!

man that looks great!
Saturday, May 28, 2011 7:16 PM
Joshua Pavao wrote:SWEET interior J

Thanks! Stock all graphite interior with a few subtle mods here and there (i.e. '03-'05 dash pad, shortened auto shifter with shift boot, graphite headliner, etc.) is definitely the way to go IMO.

Sunday, May 29, 2011 9:05 AM
well, i took the dash pad off today just to see how easy it was (very easy) and while i was at it i dremeled out spots for my color changin leds that i got from oznium in the vent ducts, along with installing a led strip UV color inside the gauge cluster bezel... looks totally sweet with the stock red illumination, i'll take some pics at night, but for now i have some pics i took during the day.

oh yeah, and my afr gauge i put in today

Sunday, May 29, 2011 4:57 PM
Joshua Pavao wrote:well, i took the dash pad off today just to see how easy it was (very easy) and while i was at it i dremeled out spots for my color changin leds that i got from oznium in the vent ducts, along with installing a led strip UV color inside the gauge cluster bezel... looks totally sweet with the stock red illumination, i'll take some pics at night, but for now i have some pics i took during the day.

Told ya it was easy !

That reminds me of when I had 3" Street Glow blue neons in my air vents wayyyy back in the day . Looks good!

Sunday, May 29, 2011 6:28 PM
haha thanks j, i'll update again when i get ahold of the scrap yard and bring home the new dash pad
Saturday, June 04, 2011 9:23 PM
The thing I find neat about the dash pad with the round vents is some people have used them for custom gauges. It may need a little work but it's possible just in case you don't need the AC.
Sunday, June 05, 2011 7:16 AM
It's in an actual 03 now, but I used to run the same dash pad in my 99 Sunfire. Figured you might like to see mine since you're running a gauge inside your vent. You can install gauges like this in the 03+ dash:

Sunday, June 05, 2011 4:27 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man that is freaking awesome. i need to call the scrap yard tomorrow and get this dash pad!!!!!!!! that looks amazing micah
Friday, June 10, 2011 6:55 AM
Got mine off a fellow member a few years back. The airbag cover was all banged up from an accident; swapped it out with the one off my older dash and did the custom work on the gauge mounts at the same point. Couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

Friday, June 10, 2011 7:51 AM
My only conern is how do the guages act when you turn your heat on and a/c with the temperature difference? I would be afraid of overheating the guage.

Friday, June 10, 2011 7:58 AM
My two center ducts are cut off and sealed to direct the airflow to the two outer vents. With the ducts cut away it gives more room for gauge wiring.

Friday, June 10, 2011 8:23 AM
I trimmed out the duct work to allow the nitrous/oil lines to move freely, and plugged them off from the bottom. I don't run A/C in my car, but they don't see heat anymore, either.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 11:24 AM
Micah, where did you get the white background for the gauge cluster?? That setup looks amazing!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 1:47 PM
^^It's actually silver, and it's the gauge cluster from GM's Sunfire Autocross concept car. I've had it rebuilt with leds since that pic was taken.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 1:48 PM
oh okay, well its just sexy

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search