steering wheel swap. - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
steering wheel swap.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011 3:29 PM
Hey everyone I was at the junkyard today to pick up a charcoal headliner cause the tan one is just butt ugly IMO. and I noticed a real nice stock steering wheel on an 05 sunfire. would it fit on my 02 sunfire, and when changing it how do I stop the air bag from deploying.

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?

Re: steering wheel swap.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:01 PM
search is your friend. been many posts on this lately.
Friday, June 17, 2011 8:33 PM
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you would have to swap the entire steering column in order for it to fit in your 02.

I'm assuming the steering wheel you saw was wrapped in leather? If so, 95-02 Sunfire GTs had leather wrapped steering wheels as well. That would be a better option because all you would need to do would be swap the steering wheel itself.

I swapped a leather wrapped steering wheel into my 02 Sunfire SE Sedan...

Friday, June 17, 2011 9:39 PM
Jason Eichorst wrote:Hey everyone I was at the junkyard today to pick up a charcoal headliner cause the tan one is just butt ugly IMO. and I noticed a real nice stock steering wheel on an 05 sunfire. would it fit on my 02 sunfire, and when changing it how do I stop the air bag from deploying.

The 02 Sunfire didn't come with tan headliners, they were all in gray.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:48 AM
From what I've read, after 2002 gm put smaller splines in the steering column so you would need to change the entire column.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 10:58 PM
umm i dont know for sure but unplugging the battery should keep the air bag from deploying...i think.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search