vert goodies...leather interior?? - Page 2 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: vert goodies...leather interior??
Monday, June 06, 2011 2:40 PM
mikeythemars wrote:The only REAL leather seating you will ever find in any Sunfire (coupe, sedan or vert) are ones that came from a handful of aftermarket firms. The highest quality versions were Katzkin (example below, not my car) but they are no longer available - thank heaven I bought mine from Katzkin back in 2006 when they still available.

The other benefit of the real leather was color choice; the Katzkin leather in my convertible is a grey set (like the one in the photo) to precisely complement the stock GM charcoal grey, which makes the whole final interior upgrade look a lot more "upscale OEM" than the vinyl; any real car person can immediately tell the difference.

Plenty of people on here have had or still have the Katzkin covers. From another thread,

azncav wrote:oh another reason to post pics YES! lol

black

tan

And they are still available, but are kinda pricey. I wish I had some

Sunday, June 12, 2011 8:57 PM
i came across on of the blue interiors in a junk yard here in indy last year, but it was so faded and jacked up it wasnt work getting, have prolly found 4 red interiors. None in verts however.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 8:04 AM
the blue and red is sweet, but i personaly would never put it in my car. id get the red or blue back seat with some red or blue racing seats, but thats about it lol

13.22 @ 105.2
Sunday, June 19, 2011 6:54 PM
^agreed

Sunday, June 19, 2011 8:27 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:
scott (section8cav) wrote:was at the junk yard...found 2 convertible cavs....1 had grey and blue interior !! so i robbed the whole thing !! so now my 2k vert will have blue door panels, seats, rear seats. also got the mirrors off that ho.

Blue you say, which blue?

This Blue?

I think he is talking about the blue speckled interior.

not your muse.

Monday, June 20, 2011 10:52 PM
My first car, a 98 red Sunfire convertible, had leather seats, but not white leather. I'm almost positive it was real leather, How common was this on that model? I've never seen another like it. Even other Sunfire convertibles I've seen haven't had leather seats.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:36 AM
I still have yet to see the res sunfire interior. Hmmm, Someone post up some more pics of the other interiors. And other then ones posted, I dont think they ever came standard with actual Leather, but the Vinyl was a option, but VERY few verts (IIRC according to that comprehensive website to put your VIN number in, i think it said about 173 for the 2k model verts) had the white vinyl interiors.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:52 AM
tan and white were the only vinyl options for the Js and they were only available in verts. if yours had real leather it was aftermarket.

mike: the only cool options were the red and aqua for the fires and the vert seats. other than that there were a few different bland choices but nothing special

Sunday, July 03, 2011 6:15 PM
mmmm that stock white leather option would make my car pop when the sharpie is finished. time to start hunting.
Friday, July 08, 2011 9:24 PM
where can i find or buy the "boot cover" or whatever is called for the vert? I need/want one.. Is the thing that covers the Convertible Top when down. Is it plastic?? Vinyl Cover?? Thanks!
Monday, July 11, 2011 2:20 PM
its plastic covered with vinyl and the only place you can get one now is used i believe. check the classifieds here and ebay

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search