Mounting New Sun Visors - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Mounting New Sun Visors
Monday, July 04, 2011 2:00 AM
I got a pair of LCD monitor visors. Problem is they obviously don't have the same triangle shape mounting hardware as the stock. How can I install the new visors and make it look clean? Any suggestions? I don't want half covered holes in my headliner around the new visors

Also, the visors are black, and I have a new graphite headliner I was going to put in. Should I paint my headliner with that black fabric& Vinyl Dye to match the visors. Or should I leave the headliner to match the rest of the interior?

Thanks

Re: Mounting New Sun Visors
Monday, July 04, 2011 11:50 AM
this thread is useless without pics to help.

Monday, July 04, 2011 5:00 PM
blucavvy wrote:this thread is useless without pics to help.

I don't think I could have described this any more obviously. I could describe this to my grandmother and she would understand.

In your car look at how the visor is mounted. If you take it down, there is a hole/cut-out in the headliner bordering the shape of the mount. My new visors don't have the same size and shape mount. If I bolt them into the same place on the roof/headliner it will not cover the previous stock mounting points/cut-out in the headliner.

If pictures are still needed ill get some. Its just my new headliner is in my friends garage up in the rafters. And there isn't much point me taking a picture of our stock roof and visors. We all see them everyday we get in our cars.
Monday, July 04, 2011 5:19 PM
Just re-cover the headliner with a color that matches the visors. Then mount them where you want.

Monday, July 04, 2011 8:24 PM
Sean Clair wrote:

I don't think I could have described this any more obviously. I could describe this to my grandmother and she would understand.

Lol well good luck to u now that ur bein an asshole.

Btw the reason I wanted pics was to c the shape the mounting points on ur new visors are so I could suggest a new mounting solution. Without seeing what u have compared to stock it's hard to offer up suggestions. But since u want to be little miss sarcastic about crap then forget it. Hope one of the other members can deal with ur sarcasm better than me.

Good luck bud

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 04, 2011 8:30 PM

Monday, July 04, 2011 9:13 PM
It often astounds me how quick alot of the jbo members are to attack each other and or lash out at another for little tono reason. Can we keep it clean and civil for just a couple minutes?

And I thought drama stopped after high school lol

Monday, July 04, 2011 10:06 PM
blucavvy wrote:
Sean Clair wrote:

Lol well good luck to u now that ur bein an asshole.

Btw the reason I wanted pics was to c the shape the mounting points on ur new visors are so I could suggest a new mounting solution. Without seeing what u have compared to stock it's hard to offer up suggestions. But since u want to be little miss sarcastic about crap then forget it. Hope one of the other members can deal with ur sarcasm better than me.

Good luck bud

Fair enough blucavy. I apologise. It's just your first comment was so abrupt and unhelpful it set me off. You still could have given me advice on the colours.
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 5:14 AM
i would paint the headliner black personally.

when i did mine, i used a fabric/vinyl spray paint.worked great. not dye, although i've heard the dye works well. should be able to get it at most big hardware or auto stores.

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 4:47 AM
color is a personal think 5 people could tell you 5 diffrent colors. and i agree with blucavvy without seeing how the visors mount there is no way to give you an accurate recomendation of how something can be mounted cleanly and nicely. it would be like me saying im holding up 3 shades of blue, which one matches the blue on my car the best. without pics u have no idea what the colors look like.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, July 06, 2011 6:53 AM
I was actually originally planing to paint the headliner black. But will it look bad if the pillars aren't black. (They are graphite). And I'll try to get some pics soon. Just really busy lately
Wednesday, July 06, 2011 11:59 AM
Sean Clair wrote:

In your car look at how the visor is mounted. If you take it down, there is a hole/cut-out in the headliner bordering the shape of the mount. My new visors don't have the same size and shape mount. If I bolt them into the same place on the roof/headliner it will not cover the previous stock mounting points/cut-out in the headliner.

If pictures are still needed ill get some. Its just my new headliner is in my friends garage up in the rafters. And there isn't much point me taking a picture of our stock roof and visors. We all see them everyday we get in our cars.

My headliner's visor mounts were in the shape of giraffes-

The eff are you talking about?

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 6:00 AM
Sean Clair wrote: It's just your first comment was so abrupt and unhelpful it set me off.

abrupt and unhelpful, bluecavy...nooo?

bahaha

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:04 AM
Jay is actually quite helpful

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:14 AM
I actually figured it out. I managed to dremel off the stock mount, and dremel the new mounting hardware down small enough that the the stock mount can cover it up. So it looks like the visors are in the stock mounts, but really they are just there to look stock.

There not up yet, but ill post some pictures here when its all done. I just have almost no time to work on the car.
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:52 AM
core (strmtrooper) wrote:
Sean Clair wrote: It's just your first comment was so abrupt and unhelpful it set me off.

bahaha

i thought we were bff's????????

sad face

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:54 AM
Mike wrote:Jay is actually quite helpful

@}->--

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:12 PM
blucavvy wrote:
core (strmtrooper) wrote:

bahaha

i thought we were bff's????????

sad face

bestiesFOlyfe

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:19 PM
Lolz

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search