EBAY gauge? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
EBAY gauge?
Saturday, July 30, 2011 9:55 PM
Does anyone have a kit like This in there car? How hard was it to install? Pic's would help alot,

Thanks

Re: EBAY gauge?
Sunday, July 31, 2011 6:49 AM
I think with these, you have to remove the needles, which is a hassle and has a pretty high risk of busting.

Don't quote me though.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:41 AM
Its not hard at all....take the cover off the tach and carfully move all ur needles up and take that and slide it down...move the needles back center it and put the cover back on...then wire it up...thats how i did it anyway i thought it was hard but was super easy just have to be carefull and take ur time...

Sunday, July 31, 2011 11:43 AM
Sean Getts wrote:Its not hard at all....take the cover off the tach and carfully move all ur needles up and take that and slide it down...move the needles back center it and put the cover back on...then wire it up...thats how i did it anyway i thought it was hard but was super easy just have to be carefull and take ur time...
I though 03+ you could not remove them? And if I spliced into the the headlight wire would that be to much voltage for the wire?

Sunday, July 31, 2011 5:15 PM
you dont take off the needles you just adjust them up and slide the needles through the holes down then readjust them to the original direction

Modding my j since I found the org
Sunday, July 31, 2011 5:39 PM
Edward Trainor wrote:
Sean Getts wrote:Its not hard at all....take the cover off the tach and carfully move all ur needles up and take that and slide it down...move the needles back center it and put the cover back on...then wire it up...thats how i did it anyway i thought it was hard but was super easy just have to be carefull and take ur time...
I though 03+ you could not remove them? And if I spliced into the the headlight wire would that be to much voltage for the wire?

This, the overlay is flexible and you slip the overlay over the needles and slide it down to install it. No needle removal, I just sold my old cluster with an overlay like this... I liked it, just liked black cat's gauge conversion better...

And too much voltage for the wire? Wire is not rated for voltage aside from breakdown voltage... and the only place you would see voltage high enough to reach breakdown of the wire insulation is the ignition system. What your thinking of is amperage which is why you size wire based on the load you are installing...This has a wiring harness and will not pull more than a few milliamps... not a concern... wire it into the headlight circuit it will be fine.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Sunday, July 31, 2011 7:18 PM
ok thus is really helping. put if i move the the needles will they reset when i plug them back in or do i have to do it myself?

Monday, August 01, 2011 8:56 AM
Edward Trainor wrote:
ok thus is really helping. put if i move the the needles will they reset when i plug them back in or do i have to do it myself?

They will auto reset when you plug them back into the car... I usually just move them back down to their stops... personal preference.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Monday, August 01, 2011 2:30 PM
Good deal! Thanks alot guys!

Friday, August 19, 2011 9:39 AM
Point needles up, slide gauge over needles. Takes 2 mins. I recolored my needles too for added effect.

Final night shot pic:

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Saturday, August 20, 2011 3:29 PM
looks real good

Sunday, August 21, 2011 5:53 PM
I just installed mine today. Only issue I had was the holes where too small. It was a tight fit. It peeled up towards the needle stopping the needle from moving back down. So I had to compress it down with a key or pen.

GMR has got nothing on this
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search