Dash Issue - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dash Issue
Saturday, September 25, 2010 3:28 PM
Hey guys, im a long time lurker havent gotten around to posting that much because usually i find everything i need when i search but this problem im having is weird.
I have a 2000 sunfire gt 2.4 5 speed and my engine temp gauge and my fuel gauge are going haywire along with the dimmer and the dash lights. The temp gauge is always at 40, there will be some days it goes up higher in the overheating level but im not overheating ( I'm thinking just a sensor), secondly the fuel gauge either is always at full or empty ( I know when i need to fill up its not that big of a deal to me but it would be nice to know how much gas i have left) thirs issue the dash lighting issue has been happening for about a month now. When i turn on the dashlights no matter what level the dimmer is on they wont activate until i move the dimmer's position and even after that the lights stay at about medium illumination. I also noticed my DRL's arent on anymore i was getting around to doing it but never had the chance but now they dont run, I was thinking a short somewhere unless anyone has had experience this before.

Ps. the gauge issue started about 3 days ago, and my ac and heat are still running if that helps

Re: Dash Issue
Saturday, July 30, 2011 10:06 PM
run the wires, check the ohms on the sensors and compare them to some at your local auto store
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search