Racing pedals - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Racing pedals
Friday, August 05, 2011 2:24 PM
What racing pedal covers do you have on your Cav? I've been searching for some on Amazon, Ebay and automotive sites but mostly I only find "universal fits" which I'm reluctant to buy for fear that they won't fit, or fall of easily. I'm looking for a blue-colored set for a '01 Cav sedan automatic. If you have any on your ride that you like, please let me know. Appreciate your time!

Dan

Re: Racing pedals
Friday, August 05, 2011 2:32 PM
I have stock pedal covers, but i actually race my car so does that count?

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Friday, August 05, 2011 8:37 PM
I have the sparco pedal covers they are aluminum with black rubber grippers on them the clutch and brake fit perfect but the gas is a lil smaller than the stock metal gas pad I might trim it or just leave it I like the carbon ones sparco makes but I already spent like 65 on the set I have so I'm good.
Friday, August 05, 2011 9:06 PM
Tinkles(now with Boost Face) wrote:I have stock pedal covers, but i actually race my car so does that count?

Same here. Covers just get in the way

Saturday, August 06, 2011 4:13 AM
i like to remove the rubber pads on the pedal for the bare metal look. my sunfire's automatic though, so i don't see the point. I know OBX made some pretty decent ones, they were universal though, but nice.
Saturday, August 06, 2011 9:04 AM
OK, thanks for the suggestions on Sparco and OBX. I like the look of the racing pedals better than the stock pad covers, not worried about whether it helps me mash the gas pedal any faster, I just don't want to buy something that is going to fall off when I'm driving.
Saturday, August 06, 2011 4:05 PM
dan garcia wrote:I just don't want to buy something that is going to fall off when I'm driving.

The 2 or 3 different sets I've had have all done that or at least been close. I figure the stock pedals don't look bad enough to jeopardize my safety

Saturday, August 06, 2011 4:17 PM
Cruisin4DrCav wrote: I figure the stock pedals don't look bad enough to jeopardize my safety

Monday, August 08, 2011 11:51 AM
If you're going to do the pedals then you might as well do them right.
Ditch the universal mount system and drill and screw them directly to the metal part of the factory pedals you have.
It's not hard to do and you can use a nut and bolt setup like I did on my toyota or sheet metal screws to keep the pedals from ever coming off and they look so much better when done this way.
Oh and I'm using R-1 Racing sports pedals which are aluminum anodized so that when the coating wears off they're still aluminum looking and you don't have to worry about color.
Just a thought..

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search