New interior - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New interior
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:48 PM
Ok so i just started today i took the front seats, back seats, and door panels out. I got most of the dash out but im having trouble getting one bolt over top of my radio lol. But im having troubles with the door panels the fabric is pelling in a way so should i just replace with new fabric or money factor how can i just push it back in? Also the middle consol how do i pull it out i couldn't figure it out i sat there for atleast an hour before i just gave up and said ill ask jbo later lol.

Re: New interior
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 11:28 PM
I know on my center console, it was a few bolts that were hidden under the radio up in the front, you have to flip up some circular tabs covering those bolts.
then I had to remove the center coin tray (or window switch tray for some with power windows), this just yanks out. then remove the two in the deep center console area (I also unbolted the console lid so it didnt snap off while messing with it).

As for the dash, havent messed with mine yet. I have a small crack up near the windshield, but with a nice dash pad, it looks great so no reason to take it out, yet.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 3:35 AM
Thank you i aswell have a small crack in my dash after i put a aftermarket radio in it lol they can be a real pain and thanks for the help can't wait to get the interior done and post some pics lol

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:11 AM
4 bolts.

1 in the foward map tray.

1 Just under center switch pop out piece.

2 inside the Main holder section, all the way at the bottom.

Remove shift knob, and pull ebrake up. Tilt back of console up, then pull front up to clear everything else.

If it wont get passed the shifter, Put the car in drive, and keep foot on brake, then pull console up.

Dont forget to put car back in park

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search