Opinions on interior options... - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Opinions on interior options...
Friday, August 19, 2011 11:32 PM
So, Im kind of trying to decide between doing an interior wrapped in tweed or going the fiberglass route...my biggest issue is, I think im too rough with interior to not scratch up the fiberglassed stuff....im not insanely rough on it or anything, but, occasionally getting out a foot will hit the center console or the bottom of the dash, keep in mind, im ALWAYS in steel toe boots...nice thing about tweed is, it would be a custom look, and it can take the abuse of that....what are your opinions for you guys who have glassed dashes? Also, another idea i thought of was maybe all tweed, but the gauge/radio bezel glassed with 3 gauges in the middle...i think it would make it stand out, but not clash with the rest being tweed...?? Thanks! Hope to hear some stuff back

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"

Re: Opinions on interior options...
Saturday, August 20, 2011 1:29 PM
I think tweed looks old.

FU Tuning

Saturday, August 20, 2011 1:39 PM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:I think tweed looks old.

agree'd i would go with nice 2 tone cloth and suede or alcantara something along those lines
Friday, August 26, 2011 2:56 AM
I personally like the look of tweed, but alot of people do it...same with fiberglass as well. Suede, Im not sure on. I would think it would get dirty easily?

Friday, August 26, 2011 5:32 AM
define "fiberglass interior"

Saturday, August 27, 2011 7:27 AM
tweed is pretty durable but also makes it looks like the car was built in the 80's. fiberglass is fine unless you are kicking it and abusing it. suede can be hard to maintain. really if its a car thats getting beat up allot because of the way you treat it your best off just leaving it stock.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, August 29, 2011 10:04 AM
or wrap it in leather or vinyl with a couple pieces painted as an accent

Modding my j since I found the org
Saturday, September 03, 2011 1:26 PM
Fiberglass interior...as in, one option i considered was glassing it all, another is the whole sand it down and paint it to look glassed method....

Vynal, i hate, leather I hate as well....and its not really going to kick and aduse it, but, i know getting in and out, especially since it has the lambos and racing seats its harder, i accidentally hit my foot against some pieces from time to time..

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 5:35 AM
Go with microfiber. It isn't too expensive, easy to clean, can look like suede.
Tuesday, September 06, 2011 7:13 AM
David Ortlieb wrote:Fiberglass interior...as in, one option i considered was glassing it all, another is the whole sand it down and paint it to look glassed method.....

unless you plan on making "custom" panels that differ in any way from the stock panels, there's no point in glassing.

as far as the original question, IMO tweed looks "tacky". old school low riders can pull it off in certain cases. It just looks ols to me. Also don't overlook the fact that tweed will be a bit tougher to wrap than other thinner more pliable materials. Just something to consider.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:47 PM
I also go with tweed its good and durable.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search