harness bar for sedan - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
harness bar for sedan
Monday, July 25, 2011 10:44 PM
anyone have pics of it or seen it?

Little Sedan That Could <3 Forever

Re: harness bar for sedan
Friday, August 05, 2011 3:42 PM
Nope, been wanting to see this for a while. I am probably ditching my back seat and going 6 point cage

Saturday, August 06, 2011 9:51 PM
see i was thinking the same thing but i need my back seat still waiting on people to help us out here....

Monday, August 08, 2011 4:16 AM
harness bar + people in the back seat is a bad idea in my opinion.....if you want a real safe way to run harnesses then delete the back see and put a roll cage in it to run harnesses safely

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, August 08, 2011 9:17 AM
i actually have it measured from side to side but i have yet to find a bar that wil fit i was thinking a 92 hatck back would work but the shop that sells has a d bag who wont let me take the bar out to my car really quick to mock it up and he wont refund money if it doesnt work

Friday, August 12, 2011 5:56 AM
I'm pretty sure (not totally) that the harness bars we made would also fit the sedans. But regardless, the J-Body guys didn't wanna pay the price we were asking, so we nixed them altogether.

Friday, August 12, 2011 7:38 AM
Agent Omega wrote:I'm pretty sure (not totally) that the harness bars we made would also fit the sedans. But regardless, the J-Body guys didn't wanna pay the price we were asking, so we nixed them altogether.

I loved mine

Friday, August 12, 2011 7:57 AM
Did it go witht he car when you sold it, or did someone else end up with it?

Friday, August 12, 2011 8:14 AM
I think I ended up selling it to Phewes. I know it was a Canadian.

Friday, August 12, 2011 8:58 AM
I'd love to get my hands on one of the fully-polished (or even powdercoated) ones. Couldn't even tell ya how many we produced or where they went, though. Ah well

Friday, August 12, 2011 9:14 AM
So people did buy for their sedans? I would love to get a pic if anyone has one

Friday, August 12, 2011 10:56 AM
Paul wrote:So people did buy for their sedans? I would love to get a pic if anyone has one

I'm not *positive* if they did or not, so I guess it's possible. I kinda/sorta remember trying it out in Cody's sedan when he still had it, but I can't remember if it fit 100% or not.

Friday, August 12, 2011 9:40 PM
i wish i could see pics. that would make this great.

Monday, August 15, 2011 7:05 AM
Agent Omega wrote:
Paul wrote:So people did buy for their sedans? I would love to get a pic if anyone has one

I'm not *positive* if they did or not, so I guess it's possible. I kinda/sorta remember trying it out in Cody's sedan when he still had it, but I can't remember if it fit 100% or not.

If I remember correct, the one you guys built for me was test fit in Cody's sedan.

Monday, August 15, 2011 7:46 AM
I know I (still) have pictures of a polished one installed in my Sunfire. Yours may very well have been installed on Cody's--maybe he'll chime in at some point.

Monday, August 15, 2011 8:14 AM
The postition where I would want the bar is gonna be right above the rear pillar bove the back the headtest of the back seat I honestly don't want to put a bar right behind or above the front seat

Monday, August 15, 2011 8:42 AM
chris rod wrote:The postition where I would want the bar is gonna be right above the rear pillar bove the back the headtest of the back seat I honestly don't want to put a bar right behind or above the front seat

You want the bar to mount above the back seat head rests? Not gonna happen, man--nothing to bolt to.

Monday, August 15, 2011 10:06 AM
see now that pic is not in a sedan. would it fit the exact same? i was looking for harness har for a sedan. and yeah behind the backseats it not gonna work. nothing to bolt on too.

Monday, August 15, 2011 11:02 AM
Paul wrote:see now that pic is not in a sedan. would it fit the exact same? i was looking for harness har for a sedan. and yeah behind the backseats it not gonna work. nothing to bolt on too.

Yeah, that was when I installed it in my car. Yes, it'd fit the exact same.

Monday, August 15, 2011 1:56 PM
it fits the exact same? i want it in my sedan. how much was it with what company? or do you still fab this product?

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:53 AM
Paul wrote:it fits the exact same? i want it in my sedan. how much was it with what company? or do you still fab this product?

Several years back, everyone wanted them. They're a PITA to make and polish, but we did so and put a price tag of $385.00 on them. People complained that it was too much, so we discontinued them not too long after selling a few.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 4:24 PM
Well I.measured the bar pillar bar off a 92hb civic and in theory it should work it was around 4feet long and the actual mount extends 3in each side. Idk. 40 bucks sounds pretty cheap to try it lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search