60/40 split rear seat - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
60/40 split rear seat
Thursday, September 08, 2011 11:38 AM
I don't think I've ever seen anything about this before but does anyone know what would be involved in swapping the split rear seat into a car without it? I carry my bike around with me a lot and I'd like to be able to have an extra seat available when the bikes in back. I've got an idea of what's involved in doing it but im wondering if anyone's actually done it before and if it matters 2/4 door. I'm guessing a sedan would be the best choice because I suppose I'll need a new rear shelf cover in order to have the 60/40 latch. Any ideas would be great

www.driftnamiperformance.com

Re: 60/40 split rear seat
Friday, September 09, 2011 4:19 AM
youll need to drop the gas tank so you can drill the holes for the seat back bracket than nut/bolt it, seat bottom is the same, than youll need the two latches and cables

Sunday, September 11, 2011 4:15 PM
Gary Frank wrote:youll need to drop the gas tank so you can drill the holes for the seat back bracket than nut/bolt it, seat bottom is the same, than youll need the two latches and cables

for a second... I thought you were joking... but I was wrong. lol

Sunday, September 11, 2011 5:13 PM
I didnt drop my tank to do it....... I may have been the first to do the swap as well.

If I remember correctly, the center two bolt holes fit over the seat belt studs..... the outers I drilled holes and fed bolts up to. I do know that I never droped the tank for it (I believe the outers fell into the frame rails, and I had to cut holes in them to feed the bolts up).

I kept the rear seat section, and the cables/latches for it when I stripped the car out. Never know, I might put it in something else in the future.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search