Cavalier/SunFire Speedo cluster swap?? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cavalier/SunFire Speedo cluster swap??
Tuesday, June 14, 2011 5:22 PM
i have a 2001 Cavi and was wondering if any year sunfire speedometer is a direct fit, well is the wiring the same, i can make the mounts work

but yea, any help is aprecitated

Re: Cavalier/SunFire Speedo cluster swap??
Tuesday, June 14, 2011 5:45 PM
hunter krapfl wrote:i have a 2001 Cavi and was wondering if any year sunfire speedometer is a direct fit, well is the wiring the same, i can make the mounts work

but yea, any help is aprecitated

the sunfire cluster bolts right in 00+ cavaliers

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 10:02 PM
yes the swap is super simple, plug and play!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 7:42 AM
can this work for 95-97 sunfire to cavalier swaps? i personnally love the look of the cavalier clusters more

Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:52 AM
AMAZING, this is my project for today. so do the sunfire dashes come apart similiar to the cavaliers? might save me a few min at the junk yard today

Monday, July 25, 2011 9:35 AM
all 00+ cavalier is interchangeable with 00+ sunfire

Friday, August 12, 2011 10:22 PM
i did it, no problem, plug and play like they said

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Saturday, August 13, 2011 1:09 AM
i like that especially the fact that ur radio is above ur HVAC, i wish mine was
Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:38 AM
all 00+ is like that, just get the 00-02 dash bexel and do some switching around and it should work, havent don it though so i dont know really

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Friday, September 30, 2011 12:53 PM
Model years 2000 and up are easy. Simple plug and play. Now for the model years 95-99 (esp. the 95-98), you would have to do some fabricating with the wiring. Also, you would have to match the gauges with your model year and type of transmission. For example, I did a Cavalier to Sunfire dash swap (in a 97 cavalier) and noticed the wiring was slightly different. (2 extra wires) So I had to find one that had the 4 speed (from a sunfire GT of the same year) open up the gauge to swap the ODO inside (some 98s and all 99s were digital) and then find the wire diagram that matched what wire was what. (lucky I have Haynes Manual) Then once I had it all back together, I had to do the "10 minute rule" to reprogram the new gauge due to the "theft lock" inside the gauges. Just a rough play by play on gauges I went through when I did my swap.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search