Non-rice interior - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Non-rice interior
Thursday, November 03, 2011 8:35 AM
I'm about to redo my new interior but can't decide quite what I want to do. My last setup was all white panels with blue dash, arm rests, carpet, and racing seats. I was planning on doing that again, but I kind of think its a bit ricerish. I'd like to see some pics of your interiors that you think are just generally nice overall. Here's a pic of the last one from 7 years ago: The steering wheel was replaced right after this pic was taken back then.

Anyways, think this is pretty ricerish or should I stick with the same general setup?

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Re: Non-rice interior
Thursday, November 03, 2011 9:19 AM
No, I would at most clean the carpet real well. Maybe replace it with carpet that is actually the factory color, I know my black carpet is well on the way to be the faded blue grey color that all black GM carpet becomes. Then tastefully colored race seats/sport seats. Though you can go all out on the interior and not be rice, you just have to have taste.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, November 03, 2011 9:20 AM
everything about your car looks "ricerish" from the picture, the interior wont help or hurt either way. Do what you want.

Thursday, November 03, 2011 9:25 AM
Darkstars wrote:everything about your car looks "ricerish" from the picture, the interior wont help or hurt either way. Do what you want.

LOL, its a good thing that was my old one from 7-8 years ago. But I do agree. I no longer have that one. I scrapped it. Thats why I'm looking for ideas on the new one's interior.

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Thursday, November 03, 2011 9:32 AM
Here is mine, i have a 7" indash now but its still basically the same. Going back to a stock cluster too. I like mine simple.

Thursday, November 03, 2011 11:21 AM
Im not a big 'paint the interior' pieces fan, but yours looks like a decent show setup. Props on the work!
However i do feel if you do a 'show' car, discs in the rear help the appearance a lot too.

but Im with Darkstars as far as 'do what you want'. If you enjoy putting that effort into a full customization, do it again. If you want a more subtle look like I go for (small noticable changes here and there), just do seats, shifter boot, ebrake boot, steering wheel, and minor custom dash gauges but keep it all OEM look. Maybe go with a subtle exterior and interior, but do a full custom engine bay with tucked wiring, polished/carbon covers, CLEAN cable covers (not tons of bright colored cable protectors just tossed onto every wire under your hood).

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Friday, November 04, 2011 12:50 PM
if its just a daily driver i say keep it simple and more sublte. if you plan on it being a show car go wild with it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, November 04, 2011 1:26 PM

Headliner:

In my opinion this is how the interior of LS Sports, Z24s, and Sunfire GTs should have came stock. Dark leather seats, dark headliner, and full charcoal dash etc..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, November 04, 2011 1:28 PM

Saturday, November 05, 2011 9:41 AM
If u want to do a full paint scheme use darker semigloss colors
glossy/flashy bright colors is what I think of when someone says rice.

But like everyone else said do what you will like in your car

Saturday, November 05, 2011 10:06 AM
My interior is very simple actually, and looks factory actually.
I have grand am front seat swap in the dark charcoal color. The fabric color is so close, most people don't even notice the slight difference in the pattern on the rear seats. I also have LED's in the overhead lights, and leather e-brake and shifter boots also in dark charcoal. And my last touch is I covered the center console lid with dark charcoal fabric.
My final step is to re-cover the headliner with the same charcoal fabric as I covered the center console lid with.
Clean, and simple. Thats how I kept it.
Everything else is factory, save for the shift knob. Which is also simple, and clean.
All of these things combined with dark tinted windows, makes my interior look amazing.

I'm contemplating getting black leather covers made for my front and rear seats. Undecided as of yet.

Saturday, November 05, 2011 2:06 PM
Im with you TheinfamousEco, what seats do you have in your car? I want a simple black leather like yours, and I know Grand Am GT seats, 93-02 Camaro/Firebirds bolt directly in.
I too would like to get rid of my gray interior and put all black carpet and interior in it. I think all dark looks 10x better than anything light colored.

Sunfiretuner, do you have pics of your GT seats installed? I almost got a set here in San Antonio, but they ended up being cloth/non-GT.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Sunday, November 06, 2011 9:36 AM
Sunday, November 06, 2011 4:38 PM
blu04DD wrote:
Sunfiretuner, do you have pics of your GT seats installed? I almost got a set here in San Antonio, but they ended up being cloth/non-GT.

No, they aren't GT seats. Those are hard to come by in the pick n pull yards. I'm not terrible concerned about it though. The headrests on the gts do look awesome, but not biggy to me.
I don't think I have a pic, but I will look.

Sunday, November 06, 2011 4:42 PM
Actually your in luck. I do have a picture. Also have one of my shift and e-break boots. Never mind the shift knob crooked look. That's been fixed. It's got a nut jb-welded inside it so it screws on, and I filled in the shift pattern and painted it flat black. Also thinking about having that wrapped in leather.

Sunday, November 06, 2011 4:52 PM
sndsgood wrote:if its just a daily driver i say keep it simple and more sublte. if you plan on it being a show car go wild with it.

why does it have to be wild if its a show car?

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Sunday, November 06, 2011 6:01 PM
because show car Brad
Sunday, November 06, 2011 6:27 PM
lol i have a car i take to car shows with basically a stock interior... does it make it any less worthy of going to a car show because of that?

the definition of a show car, or hell.. any car for that matter is in the eye of the beholder.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 7:33 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:lol i have a car i take to car shows with basically a stock interior... does it make it any less worthy of going to a car show because of that?

the definition of a show car, or hell.. any car for that matter is in the eye of the beholder.

you just said it brad, its in the eye of the beholder. and i like wild cars so im going to suggest going wild.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 7:39 AM
gotcha, guess i made the mistake of assuming you meant it cant be a show car unless the interior is wild. my bad man.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 7:41 AM
Sunfiretun3r wrote:Actually your in luck. I do have a picture. Also have one of my shift and e-break boots. Never mind the shift knob crooked look. That's been fixed. It's got a nut jb-welded inside it so it screws on, and I filled in the shift pattern and painted it flat black. Also thinking about having that wrapped in leather.

And I thought my interior was spotless. What did you do with your LS Sport seats?

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 12:27 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:gotcha, guess i made the mistake of assuming you meant it cant be a show car unless the interior is wild. my bad man.

I think people should build there car however they want. but if you are going to build it specifically to compete in something. i also think it should be built with winning in mind. if you want to build something to compete in the mild class. build it to maximise every point you can. if your going to build something to compete in wild. build it to maximise every point you can in that class.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 12:53 PM
yea i agree. we've had this discussion before, ur area is different than mine. im lucky to even have A class, period let alone staged ones hahaha

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 6:37 PM
TheInfamousEco wrote:
Sunfiretun3r wrote:Actually your in luck. I do have a picture. Also have one of my shift and e-break boots. Never mind the shift knob crooked look. That's been fixed. It's got a nut jb-welded inside it so it screws on, and I filled in the shift pattern and painted it flat black. Also thinking about having that wrapped in leather.

And I thought my interior was spotless. What did you do with your LS Sport seats?

Hahaha, yeah, she needs another good cleaning actually. And to think I smoke in my cavi too.

I traded the LS sport seats to another member here, James Cahill. Traded them for APC seats that i used to love, but just really decided I no longer liked that look. Sold them and got my Grand am seats, well not in that order. But you know what I mean.

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 11:19 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:yea i agree. we've had this discussion before, ur area is different than mine. im lucky to even have A class, period let alone staged ones hahaha

do isca. they have so many stupid classes for cars i never get to compete against other j-bodies lol.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:00 AM
I plan to paint my radio cluster dash piece black. Too much grey going on im my interior.

I would do carbon fiber but thats too expensive. Money goes toward my engine.

I am getting tired of my racing bucket seats. Stock leather wrap seats sound good.

GMR has got nothing on this
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search