seats - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
seats
Monday, March 19, 2012 8:31 PM
I'm looking to upgrade my stock seats, I found both tiburon and ion leather seats locally. I tried the tiburon seats in a cav coupe, they fit pretty well, both in the front and suprisingly in the rear. Unfortunately the ion seats are not in a pullit yard and I'm not 100% what is in store for the ion seat swap. I assume saturn being part of gm, would use the same brackets in both the ion and cobalt.

I have a few questions regarding the ion seats. I have searched and couldn't find an answer. Is it possible to make a bracket for the fronts with just 1/4" bar steel without a welder ? I saw that they are too wide for the floor pan, so I doubt it. I don't have direct access to a welder, I could get a relative or friend to help me, if need be. I realize that the rears will need welded, though.

If the tiburons were in better shape I probably would have already have gotten them, they have a slight snag in the leather on the pass. From what I can tell, I just need to fab up some 1/4" flat brackets for the fronts, and the rears plop almost right in. They mount in the middle of the car so no welding required. Guess if I have to I'll get the tiburons and get leather seat covers.

Thanks for any help

Re: seats
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:04 PM
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:29 AM
Thanks for the link. My main question though is: will ion seats fit inside the seat pan without having to make the stock brackets more narrow or higher ? I searched and couldn't find an answer. I guess I could remove the brackets from them and make ones like in the bracket how to.
Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:50 AM
Edit: the yard with the ions seats had them in a car with a fully broken windshield for 2 years. mold/moss/algae- not my cup of tea for 150(only reduced from 200 after he saw condition). Waste of perfectly good redline seats if you ask me. I'll take pics of the tiburon seat fitment process when I get around to putting them in.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search