radom question, 01 z24 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
radom question, 01 z24
Sunday, April 29, 2012 9:30 PM
On my 01 z24, kinda worried this is turning into a problem... Owned since new, I have a pioneer headunit & speakers i installed in december. Bit 2-3 days ago all my HVAC lights dont work now... maybe burnt out at same time??? and tonight coming home from work... my radio randomly went out and wouldnt turn back on, and about 1-2 minutes later came back on randomly.... anyone think something may be on it way out or some wiring???

Re: radom question, 01 z24
Sunday, April 29, 2012 10:16 PM
Any idea how the condition of the wiring behind the deck is?

Monday, April 30, 2012 3:22 AM
Check the ground from the radio!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, April 30, 2012 5:59 AM
I had to splice every wire to the new radi cuz some damn reason not one of the connectors i tried that i could find worked on my car thoughit said it did, and the radio has never been even touched behind the dash since its been with my dad before me and my own. and where exactly is the ground to the radio?? I was just gettin kinda curious if the HVAC lights and radio have something together thats an occuring problem.
Monday, April 30, 2012 7:31 AM
typical ground wire is the black wire. did you get the door chime harness for your radio. you have an 01 which means you need something else special than just the plug and play harness. your best bet, and the way i would handle the wiring. is toreattach the stock connectors. go out and buy the sosche door chimey kit thingy for the car. it was like 30 bucks at walmart and connect that. or do some research on the audio forum on here for the mod to use the harness from the chevy trailblazer.

but first things first. i would go back to the beginning.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search