Dash Lights Don't work - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dash Lights Don't work
Tuesday, June 05, 2012 3:46 PM
So this has been confusing the @!#$ out of me, gauges all work but the lights inside don't. Hvac bulbs somehow blew the filaments inside so those don't work and haven't tried replacing those. Fuse is good and I've replaced the dimmer switch with two other known good ones and the same thing only light that I can say works are the normal exterior lights and the dome light.

Re: Dash Lights Don't work
Tuesday, June 05, 2012 3:47 PM
Oh forgot to mention this is on a 1999 Pontiac Sunfire Gt

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 4:30 PM
I know you checked your fuses, but check the exterior lamp fuse. It is a 20amp fuse. I am pretty sure this fuse controls the inside lights along with the exterior brakes and marker lights.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, June 05, 2012 4:31 PM

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 5:20 PM
Still the same no guage lights, all the lights in there that have Led's work like odometer, high beam light, gear selection light, ect...unless those are not Leds? But not lights that light it up red. dimmer switch I pulled out of it had no bulb in it so i'm assuming this had this problem before I had the car, cause I know cavaliers never had this bulb there.

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 5:22 PM
I've also taken guage cluster out and all bulbs are ok.

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 6:11 PM
Well looked up recalls for that year vehicle on my car and turns out there's a recall for the same thing that i'm experiencing.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search