How do you remove the 03 sunfire headrests? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How do you remove the 03 sunfire headrests?
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:12 PM
Tried the search but all I found was something about a clip and zippers in the back of the seat. I don't have zippers in the seat backs and I'm not really sure if the mentioned clip is in the seat itself and accessable or if it's under the seatbelt guide. I am trying to figure out a way to reroute the seatbelt since the anchor point isn't adjustable for height on the pillar. The problem is that the seatbelt cuts into my neck and it's just not comfortable while driving. My thought was to remove the headrest and try turning the guide basically upside down to lower it. Any info or tips/tricks would be appreciated.

Re: How do you remove the 03 sunfire headrests?
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:28 PM
U could also try the cheap and easy way if u don't mind em buy a pair of seat belt shoulder pads I had the same problem with my 2dr sunfire
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:21 PM
I am pretty sure the 1995 is the same, but someone correct me if not. Anyways. I added the seat belt guides on my 1995. There are two metal clips on both sides of the headrest rails. Just below the fabric at the top. You should be able to feel where it is. I used a small screwdriver that I carefully put in from the top of the fabric where the headrest rails go. Just pop the little clips halfway off and pull the headrest out. The Seat belt guides are held in place by two push on washers. Just pry those off and your good. I am not sure how well turning them upside down will help, but good luck. Hopefully what I typed makes sense. When you are done, don't forget to pop those clips back in to lock the headrest back. Also be careful not to knock those clips out. They are easy to lose in the seat. I believe those clips also make the headrest lock into different heights as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:24 PM

Thursday, July 12, 2012 11:22 AM
Already tried the seat belt pad. I just don't understand why it's cutting across my neck. It's not like I'm short, I'm 6ft tall. All of the other pontiacs I've ridden in or owned I don't have this issue, just the sunfire. Hopefully I'll be able to find the clips and try this out on monday. Thanks for the info.
Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:38 PM
Hmmmm that's weird I am 5'6" and I know I'm a lil shorter than u but I have the shoulder pads and mine don't cut into my next it may also depend on how thick urs is the only other way is maybe put some racing seat belts in but I dunno if its just ur daily driver or u are doin some work to it ..... The only other thing I may be able to tell ya is extend the hole where the seat belt bolts into the frame but I dunno its an idea...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search