Lotek Gauge Pod - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lotek Gauge Pod
Thursday, September 06, 2012 5:42 PM
So this is the Lotek A-pillar gauge pod, http://www.gaugepods.com/chevy.html:

What I'm wondering is if this is a complete replacement like they say. When I say complete, I mean clips and all. Looked around a little and only saw people complaining about the glowshifts. Anyone know?

"In Oldskool we trust"

Re: Lotek Gauge Pod
Thursday, September 06, 2012 5:54 PM
Ryan I just emailed them to find out. I have heard that there are some out there of each style.

Friday, September 07, 2012 7:21 AM
Word. Let me know Chris.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, September 07, 2012 8:48 AM
I'd like to know as well. I need to replace my glowshift pod as its pretty ghetto looking.
Friday, September 07, 2012 12:07 PM
Mr Newb wrote:I'd like to know as well. I need to replace my glowshift pod as its pretty ghetto looking.

I just got my glowshift in the mail a few days ago. I can't bring myself to insult my car by installing it. I knew it was cheap but wow. Even if you somehow bond it to the factory piece, which I REALLY don't want to do, how the hell do you run the wires and hoses for 3 gauges!? Horrible.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, September 07, 2012 2:26 PM
the lotek piece is only a cover....got the voicemail this morning confirming

Friday, September 07, 2012 6:05 PM
Its a cover but a nice fitting cover.

I got one hiding in storage somewhere.
Friday, September 07, 2012 6:54 PM
I made it. It's a damn good cover

It attaches with screws that do have covers to blend them in. Looks really nice when installed, almost factory like.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, September 07, 2012 7:11 PM
I got the glowshift. It can be done nicely but takes some work.
Friday, September 07, 2012 7:12 PM
yep i have one in my car right now.. just a cover unfortunately.

now.. if you want a full clip in style you need to talk to ortiz custom pods. they made me a completely custom one with 3 pods like the lotec out of a stock pillar. looks just like a lotec only it works just like OEM..because well.. thats exactly what it is LOL

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Friday, September 07, 2012 7:22 PM
Ive molded random pods for a few people in the past.

Not to hard if you have a little time.

Monday, September 10, 2012 9:53 AM
I had the Lotek pod for no more than a day before returning it. There was nothing wrong with it at all I just thought that I stuck out to far for my liking. It also fit really well for a cover. Instead I went with the three in the two vents above the radio and one in the cig lighter spot. It was more work but IMO it was worth it for the cleaner look.

Dave

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:56 AM
The Glowshift sticks out way far too. I always wanted to have 3 gauges up there but after semi-installing it I may opt for a single pod as far down as possible. Sucks that no one makes a COMPLETE replacement piece either..

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, September 13, 2012 8:00 PM
The Lotek is a complete piece dude...did you even bother to look at the pictures or their site?

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, September 13, 2012 8:31 PM
Vision Promotions wrote:The Lotek is a complete piece dude...did you even bother to look at the pictures or their site?

The picture I posted in the OP is the picture from their site. When I say complete I mean with clips in the factory locations so it mounts like stock rather than on the stock piece.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search