rear veiw mirror - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rear veiw mirror
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:27 AM
i know its been topiced before but only found like two and didn't really help me. anyway my dad has a 01 Tahoe that has a compass and a temp gauge and wondering if its possible to put it in a 02 cavy thought it would be cool to have a temp readout and a direction thing too. i tried a few ways of wording it but nothing so any links would help.
thanks

Re: rear veiw mirror
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:59 AM
It is very possible. All you need is to run 12v to it from an accessory that turns on with ignition and a ground for the mirror. You will then need to run two wires from mirror to somewhere in front of the radiator for the ambient air temperature sensor... The wiring is different between each mirror so if you find one, make sure you get the pigtail from the mirror, the temp sensor and pigtail for the temp sensor. Normally pins 1 and 2 are power and ground. pins 6 and 7 are for the temp sensor. (match wires with temp pigtail and mirror pigtail)

Here is a Jeep forum with more detailed information. Same basics on that as in your cavalier.

LINK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:01 AM

Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:34 PM
thank you helped and put it in
Friday, September 28, 2012 9:08 AM
ok before i put in the temp sensor on the car would it be susceptible to air being blown directly on it or can i just put it anywhere in the front
Friday, September 28, 2012 5:06 PM
most sensors are mounted behind the front impact absorber.
Sunday, September 30, 2012 10:10 PM
I would mount it somewhere near the stock horn or windshield wiper box. Not near the motor. The guy above me knows worlds of information... so he wins in my opinion by default.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, September 30, 2012 10:11 PM

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 10:00 AM
yeah that's exactly what i did put it behind the impact absorber there are two push in clips that are on the metal frame for wiring for the headlights under and either side of the latch for the hood. made a metal plate and attached the temp sensor to that the only problem is that its goes between 5 and 10 degrees off but don't really care. it has auto dim best invention ever now i don't have to deal with the idiots that have their brights on just dims at night and goes back to normal when nothing is behind me
Saturday, October 20, 2012 12:19 AM
check the classifieds. I think the interior section or something someone is selling some nice looking mirrors for like $40. Im thinking about picking up one just for fun.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search