Instrument Panel Bulb type/size - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Instrument Panel Bulb type/size
Monday, August 20, 2012 11:39 PM
I want to replace my backlights in my instrument panel (because 2 are burnt out). I did some research and found that the bulbs are type PC74. The question I have is that the bulbs are available in 3mm, 4mm, and 5mm LEDs and I'm not sure if that is strictly the size of the LED or if its the bulb's base that twists into the panel to lock the bulb in. Anyone have any ideas? Here's a few pictures from the website with schematics of the bulbs. They seem to be the same size but they all look different. Lastly, does 120 degrees a wide enough angle to produce even lighting? I don't want bright spots. Help?

5mm^

4mm^

3mm^

Re: Instrument Panel Bulb type/size
Sunday, March 03, 2013 12:05 PM
i am also interested in this. id like to convert all my '99 dash lights to blue. including the a/c switches
Re: Instrument Panel Bulb type/size
Sunday, March 03, 2013 1:18 PM
they are T5 bulbs u can get them in Led on ebay for dirt cheap in most colors, they come in the style shown or u can buy wedge type 1's and pull the bulbs out of the plastic mounts their in (I think). If u do buy led 1's I'd get the smd, led, bulbs cuz their most likely the brightest leds, I replaced my HVAC bulbs with the wedge type smd leds, their only white but they show in the daytime.

these r what I put in my HVAC

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-T5-3-SMD-1210-LED-Gauge-Cluster-Key-Ring-Sunvisor-Shifter-Light-Bulb-White-/170892705994?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c9ffc0ca&vxp=mtr

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search