floor mat question/advice - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
floor mat question/advice
Thursday, April 04, 2013 7:34 PM
ok so does anyone know of anyfloor mats for a sunfire that isnt ricey. im haveing an annoying issue with mine.I always have to slide my mat back because the clutch position sensor.

Re: floor mat question/advice
Thursday, April 04, 2013 7:42 PM
Best way to solve that in these cars is to remove the floor mat.
Another way you might be able to try is to put velcro on the back side somehow (glue? rubber cement?) and then put it in. The velcro side with the plastic fingers should grab the carpet well. Thats how a lot of new cars anchor the mats (similar concept anyway)

Monday, April 08, 2013 12:47 PM
i'll try that. floor mats are annoying!
Tuesday, April 09, 2013 6:25 AM
I can say that it will help you, but I have the rubber Sunfire floor mats that you can get from GM, or at least you could get from GM. They don't slip and slide on me at all.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 5:19 PM
^^ I have the rubber ones that say cavalier. You can still get them, but it takes 2 weeks. They are a vendor ship item, meaning gm's vendor gets the order, makes them, then ships them out.
look on GMpartsdirect.com for a part number.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 6:21 PM
would weather tech mats work?

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 6:53 PM
^^ If you feel like spending $150

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:45 PM
Sunfiretun3r wrote:^^ I have the rubber ones that say cavalier. You can still get them, but it takes 2 weeks. They are a vendor ship item, meaning gm's vendor gets the order, makes them, then ships them out.

would the have any that said sunfire or just gm.
Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:50 PM
Brandon Westerfield wrote:
Sunfiretun3r wrote:^^ I have the rubber ones that say cavalier. You can still get them, but it takes 2 weeks. They are a vendor ship item, meaning gm's vendor gets the order, makes them, then ships them out.

would the have any that said sunfire or just gm.

I'm digging for a part number. I just got my mats a few months ago.
I'm sure they have one that says sunfire. I may have to call the dealer. But I'm looking.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 11:01 PM
lol I do this a few times a day and it never even phases me...however there are times the mat gets caught behind my accelerator or my clutch and it becomes an issue. ive just been lazy to modify, but ive been eyeing the thicker rubber mat option myself.

you could just hit up Auto Zone and pick up some 'Type R' ones

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:34 AM
GM sell nice thick rubber "cavalier" mats. Im calling my local dealer to see if they have or can get any.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:36 AM
Also looking into those mats..

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:08 PM
Yeah guys I just bought the OEM rubber cavalier mats like a couple months ago. They CAN get them. It just takes awhile

Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:32 PM
How do they fit and how do they look?

Pics if you can....

I called my local dealer and he said no...there is one set in canada in Hinton Alberta.....then hung up.
Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:11 PM
I know I saved the part number just for that reason too, now I just gatta find it.
They fit great. Just like the factory floor mats. They are contoured to our stupid floor pan design. I drive a stick and they don't catch on the clutch. They stay in place.
They are black rubber, with cavalier in silver down the side. My car is pretty dirty but I'll take pics tomorrow if I can and post them. I'll go through my paperwork and see if I can find the receipt for them. Gimme a day or two to find it. If I can't, I'll see if I can get the dealership to dig up the old invoice and give me the part number again, although I doubt they would be able to since it was a few months ago.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:18 PM
WAIT! Found the damn number on gmpartsdirect.com

Part number for Cavalier "Vinyl" floor mats. They are rubber. It's for the front only. The rears are a different set.
Front Vinyl Mats:
Link:
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&AddPartNumber=12495315&partnumber=12495315
Rear Vinyl Mats:
Link:
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&AddPartNumber=12495253&partnumber=12495253

It doesn't look like there are any that say sunfire. However, the floor's are the same, so the cavalier ones would still work in your sunfire, thye would just say cavalier.

Friday, April 12, 2013 3:47 PM
Pics as requested. Sorry for not cleaning them up first, took them right after work.

Friday, April 12, 2013 10:05 PM
they look nice..but those don't move around on you? you have an auto or standard? cause in a standard, mats tend to move up under your pedals pretty quickly.

I like that it says 'cavalier' but those don't look beefy/heavy enough to stay put. I guess I could mount a screw into the floorboard

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Saturday, April 13, 2013 6:59 AM
I like them....good for rainy days...

and if they get dirty just pressure wash them off.
Sunday, April 14, 2013 7:55 AM
blu04DD wrote:they look nice..but those don't move around on you? you have an auto or standard? cause in a standard, mats tend to move up under your pedals pretty quickly.

I like that it says 'cavalier' but those don't look beefy/heavy enough to stay put. I guess I could mount a screw into the floorboard

I drive a stick, said this a few posts above. My clutch doesn't get stuck on these mats. The upper portion on the driver's side goes ABOVE where the clutch hits the carpet, but doesn't restrict the clutch engagement.

These move forward about a half an inch then stop. In that picture of the driver's side, they are as far forward as they will go on their own.
They are also thicker than they look. They have a good 1/2" 5/8" thick rubber that doesn't feel like the rubber mats made today (meaning doesn't feel thin). They are hefty. They were better than I was expecting.

Monday, April 15, 2013 12:56 PM
The do make the rubber mats just like the ones posted with the exception of them saying Sunfire instead of Cavalier. The set I have in my Sunfire say Sunfire, I know longer have the part number saved, but I'm willing to bet that I found it on here somewhere, otherwise I would have never known about them.

May car is an automatic, but these mats do not move at all. They are fairly heavy duty and have tons of little rubber feet on them to keep them from sliding.

Monday, April 15, 2013 6:31 PM
^^ I was unable to locate the number for the sunfire mats on gmpartsdirect.com. Maybe a forum search will turn something up is thats the case.

Monday, April 22, 2013 10:39 PM
Stupid question I must ask-

Is the price for the pair? It says "package", But I'd rather not assume...

Not a bad price though!

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:05 PM
Price is for the pair. Front driver and front pass.

Sunday, June 09, 2013 4:43 PM
CrateEngineDepot.com lists the front set of Sunfire floor mats in graphite for $45.05.

Husky Liners also offers heavy duty rubber front and rear floor mats for Cavaliers/Sunfires. Their products are comparable to WeatherTech (if not better) and are considerably cheaper.

Heavy duty front floor mats (pair) - black: #51071 - $69.95 | grey: #51072 - $69.95 | tan: #51073 - $69.95
Heavy duty rear floor mats (pair) - black: #52021 - $54.95 | grey: #52022 - $54.95 | tan: #52023 - $54.95

If I still had a Sunfire, I'd probably get the GM Sunfire front floor mats (assuming I couldn't track the rear set down too) and get a rear set from Husky Liners. Just my $0.02.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search