Whats it called - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Whats it called
Sunday, June 30, 2013 12:08 PM
Whats the name of dash trim thats right at the top and meets the windshield. Can it be changed out easily?

Re: Whats it called
Sunday, June 30, 2013 12:45 PM
That piece is part of the whole dash, they make a cover for it I think.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Sunday, June 30, 2013 12:55 PM
That part is called "Pain in the ass to replace." There is a cover you can buy to cover up the cracked dash piece. It's around 100 bucks depending on where you look.
It so expensive because they know how much of a PITA it it to replace and find one in good shape.
Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:35 AM
Is this the piece your talking about? Thin piece that runs the length of the windshield? Mine is all cracked to hell and I want it replaced..

Ipud wrote:We put Jap Traps on cinder blocks around here. We don't wave the American flag for novelty

I proudly own American cars, nothing else....

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 9:59 PM
To replace that its a hell of a time and lots of removing parts like your hvac, stereo, gauges, steering wheel and your airbags maybe more I have never done it but looked at how to do it and it's not at all an easy task just get a cover for it to save alot of time and effort
Wednesday, July 03, 2013 8:29 AM
On the Cavys as others stated, its part of the dash. On Sunfires, it's an easily removable plastic piece.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, July 04, 2013 10:50 PM
I just replaced my entire dash a couple weeks ago. Wasn't that bad, & I'm super happy that I did!

Supercharged 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:00 AM
I just shopped around. $105.00 was as cheap as I could find.....

Hahahaha hahahaha 105.00 for a $4.00 piece of plastic?

Ipud wrote:We put Jap Traps on cinder blocks around here. We don't wave the American flag for novelty

I proudly own American cars, nothing else....

Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:14 AM
I saw the "coverlay" brand in Jay 's cavalier in person and it looked beautiful. It is probably the best one on the market and reasonably priced. The charcoal color match was pretty much spot on and only an enthusiast would be able to see that it was a cover. That is exactly what I will be ordering eventually, but mine is not bad enough yet to warrant the procurement of that piece.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 11:07 AM
I was one of the first people w/ the coverlay brand. They actually contacted me and asked me to post up here. My thread is floating around somewhere...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search