Adding an oil pressure gauge - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Adding an oil pressure gauge
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:12 AM
I'm looking at adding an oil pressure gauge to the interior of my car. As many of you know, we lack that gauge on our factory clusters. I've seen how to's for the LD9, but not the L61 Eco. I'm looking at and electric oil pressure gauge if anyone can give me advice into how to wire one in, it would be appriciated

Re: Adding an oil pressure gauge
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:32 AM
There was a few write ups with the ecotec but can't seem to find any... the ones that I did find, the pictures no longer work.
I think you need one of these adapters 12mmX1.75 . I think there is a few spots on the ecotec that would work, first is where the factory oil pressure sensor is(I believe its around where your oil filter is. Then I think there is a few plugs on the front of the motor(think you need to remove the intake manifold) then a plug on side of the head. And I beleive there is a plug on the back of the motor(more heat back there with exhaust so may not be the best)
Here are a few threads that may help
On a LSJ but should be similar to yours... Has some pictures
Oil Pressure sending unit Install-ECOTEC
Oil Pressure gauge on 02 ecotec
Oil Pressure Gauge for EcotecWould be great if pictures worked....

I am not sure if the ecotec "needs" the factory sensor but on the ld9 it doesn't need the factory sensor, you can just hook up the new sensor in the stock location. You my be able to do this on the ecotec too. If not, it seems like the side of the head is a popular spot. Could try looking on ecotecforums as well. Or look through cobalt ss site. I can't see there being a difference, should be similar to the cavaliers eco.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:45 AM
the ECU does not need the input.... I have eliminated mine..

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 3:34 PM
Where is the factory sender at?
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 3:59 PM
Quote from ecotecforums thread wrote:It is next to your oil filter in front. It's below the intake manifold, and above the starter.

Here is a picture of one, hard to see... the one in this link, they used a tee to used the factory sender which is not needed. DICE PD:Oil Pressure Gauge and Adapter Kit Now Selling.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search