Fixing my Chevy Cavalier - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fixing my Chevy Cavalier
Tuesday, March 17, 2015 9:08 PM
So a month ago I bought a 2000 Chevy Cavalier ls sedan for $1700. Being in High school it seemed like a cool car. The only problem was the previous owner was a smoker so the car smelled like smoke. I then got it detailed, it didn’t help a ton but it was a start. My dad and I then took out everything and cleaned it. Like the seats, carpet, console. I grabbed a black carpet from a Pontiac Sunfire, it was a perfect fit. After I replaced rug I took off the covers from the seats and washed them. Unfortunately it does not work on the front well only the back bench seats. I then went to Jo Ann Fabrics and got fabric for a rear deck. I replaced that. And here is the work I have done. The next thing I need to do is replace the headliner. I still can’t get rid of the smoke smell it was a 10/10 now it’s like a 4/10. Its annoying having to drive friends and have them smell it. Any ideas of how you have gotten out the smoke smell in a car? Also I won a $150 gift card to this salvage place/ auto parts store, what should I get? Maybe something that looks cool, makes me go faster, or helps the car. Anyway leave comments and thanks for reading.

Re: Fixing my Chevy Cavalier
Tuesday, March 17, 2015 9:18 PM
These are the pictures, forgot to do before and after
Attachments
undefined (329k)
undefined (347k)
undefined (865k)

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 3:51 AM
Pictures aren't working but it sounds like you're on the right track. Just going to have to air the car out as much as possible and eventually the smell will fade. Unfortunately, that's one of the worst smells to try and get rid of.

Nothing for 150 bucks that's going to make the car any faster, maybe look into the maintenance items; spark plugs, wires (I'm assuming 2200), air filter, fuel filter, etc.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, March 18, 2015 6:40 AM
Welcome to the forum.

The pics work if you click them (open in new window).

That old carpet looks nasty - good job ripping that out. Once you do the headliner it might help, smoke rises.

At the yard you might be able to pick up Z24 body kit pieces - that helps base models in the looks department. 2000, 01 and 02 will work for your car.

The 95-99 Z24 and 03-05 LS Sport will technically work as well, but will require a bit more work if you're up for it. Lot's on here have done it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search