2k+ cavalier shiftboot retainer? - Page 3 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2k+ cavalier shiftboot retainer?
Sunday, June 21, 2009 8:13 PM
Nick Marshall wrote:wow thread jacked? lol

haha..."blah blah blah shift boot retainter"
there.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:37 PM
The part you are looking for is # 2230142 Shift Boot. The plastic shift boot retaining bracket and the vinyl shift boot itself are a combined OEM unit. I've priced them for $40-$60 in new unused condition. I got mine from gmpartscenter.net just last week (March 2015).
Tuesday, March 31, 2015 7:35 PM
When I purchased my 2001 Z24, the shift boot retainer was broken and someone had tried to use long screws to hold it on.

REALLY BAD KLUDGE.

I removed the boot (just heated up the glue with a hairdryer to unstick it.
The whole shift retainer piece is just ABS plastic, so I used a heat gun and welded on some ABS cut off some old plumbing bits I had in the scrap pile.
I reglued the boot after cleaning it with Simple Green and giving it a slosh with some Armorall.
It's now back together in the car and it cost next to NOTHING to fix. Works as good as a new piece.

You can easily MAKE parts and repairs with a heat gun and some ABS pipe bits with a hack saw and some imagination.
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:51 AM
WTF is going on in this thread? Cripesake.

The hardware (the cheap, garbage ass plastic "ring" that is SUPPOSED to hold the boot into place) is the crux of these cheap ass things.

It's just a real pity whoever fabricated these things couldn't have made them a little more stout. They are complete junk.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search