HVAC colors - Page 2 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HVAC colors
Monday, February 06, 2006 2:19 PM
i <3 Buzz

Monday, February 06, 2006 7:15 PM
omg that setup looks awesome
i love everything but still is it easy to do the window switches i love them more
lol

anyways i want to do my factory guages in the same black background but with the blue lights

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:34 AM
HVAC is easy.....
the window switches, now thats a different subject.....
if you mail me your switch assembly, i can do that for you for $40....
i really don't want to do a HOW TO, only because, this is a special mod that i'm very proud of and not too particulary crazy on sharing it, so if you would like, shoot me an email......
As far as the cluster, go see my other thread relating to the cluster lights.

More mods like this are on the way........ keep an eye out

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 7:48 AM
I got my LED's yesterday for my HVAC. Their tiny, lol. I'm hoping the blue turns out good :-(
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:45 AM
post pics when done........

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 1:42 PM
well ok ill try to do that but what if my switch goes out then what do i do
can i take it off in any way to switch it from one to the other because i think my switch is going out
thanx

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 4:43 PM
what switch are you talking about, be a little more specific............

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:30 PM
Well i was just informed by my bro, that when he orderd my dads leds for his truck he was on here and got the number for the leds and i have green ones on the way. Ill shoot pictures of the combo all togeather when i get them.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:55 PM
truck? ????
stupid question, but what does that have to do with a J's HVAC?
is there an HVAC thats the same as the J's? And if so, why hasn't anyone figured this out yet? I'm a little lost on that one.....

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:13 PM
You said you can use bulbs or LED's, but then everyone jumps all over the LED's. What size bulb does the HVAC take and where can I get some red ones?

My Car Domain Page

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:49 PM
anywwhere where they sell red #74 bulbs, or # 74 LED replacement bulbs.
forget your usual visulization difference of an led vs a bulb. they make LED's that are direct replacemnets of the same size bulbs. it's just that one is a fillament bulb, and the other id an LED, wich ioncludes your necesarry resistor, and diode within the "bulbs" casing

Its the same thing, wether it be a bulb or an LED, as long as it says #74
remember #74......

once more,
two #74 bulbs OR

two # 74 (LED replacement) bulbs

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 10:15 PM
i mean the window control switches srry i wasnt more specific
but yeah if they go out then what do i do
thanx

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 4:54 AM
buzz122 wrote:anywwhere where they sell red #74 bulbs, or # 74 LED replacement bulbs.
forget your usual visulization difference of an led vs a bulb. they make LED's that are direct replacemnets of the same size bulbs. it's just that one is a fillament bulb, and the other id an LED, wich ioncludes your necesarry resistor, and diode within the "bulbs" casing

Its the same thing, wether it be a bulb or an LED, as long as it says #74
remember #74......

once more,
two #74 bulbs OR

two # 74 (LED replacement) bulbs

Oh ok cool. Thanks. I'm sure you said that before.. I was just insanely tired last night when I was reading this thread.

god I don't wanna go to work this early >.<

My Car Domain Page

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 5:36 AM
kurt johnson wrote:..... if they go out then what do i do....

if you mean the lights, then nothing, and do the same thing....
i mean what would you do if they went out right now? theres nothing you could really do.... either way.....

Now if the swicth itself went out, then you would also do the same thing, get it replaced, and if you wanted to get the lights again in there, then you would do the same thing.....

I mean, are you asking, wether the lights go out after i did your switches, then would i cahrge the same to do them again...... you know, no i wouldn't. Just because i'm a nice guy. how bout that. Hopefully that answers your question.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 10:39 AM
Quote:

buzz122

i'll get ahold of u when i get my z back from the shop i'm going to send u my window switchs i wanna get red in them

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 12:17 PM
thats fine, just let me know when you are ready.........

how bright would you want them?
just also remember, you will loose the use of your windows for the time that i have the switches from you.......

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 2:53 PM
buzz122 wrote:just also remember, you will loose the use of your windows for the time that i have the switches from you.......

That's the one thing keeping me from jumping all over this right now =P

My Car Domain Page

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 4:10 PM
Ozzie(aka LED KING) wrote:i <3 Buzz

don't mean to sound stupid, but thats like the 4th time i've seen something like that, but what the hell is that or what the hell does that mean?

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 4:17 PM
MSD ----> well, if you are really contemplating that, then i would suggest you jump on that quite soon, at least while the weather is still cool......
I can tell you this, depending on what day i would recieve it, there would only be a 1-2 day turnaround time, the rest would be in the hands of the shipping company.....
Pretty much, if you ship it "next day", and it gets shipped back "next day", then all youre really looking at, lets say if you ship it out on monday, and i get it on tuesday, then wed, it would get shipped back, and you would recieve it back on thursday.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 4:21 PM
By the way, if anyone wants me to do this for them, then i can do it for $40, if you include a shipping label. If you don't include a label, then add $10 for me to ship it back to you the fastest i can, depending on how much speed i can buy with the $10 to wherever you live.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 4:24 PM
buzz122 wrote:truck? ????
stupid question, but what does that have to do with a J's HVAC?
is there an HVAC thats the same as the J's? And if so, why hasn't anyone figured this out yet? I'm a little lost on that one.....

Ok sorry i shouldn't have mensioned it but sence its out there ... my dad and my bro have trucks yes and they orders leds and they orderd mine for the HVAC as well. so just never mind about the truck stuff i have my leds lol

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 5:03 PM
this sucks. Im installing the leds or trying to ... i cant get the freaken bulbs out! one brock in my hand and ya that hurt but i cant get that other one out eather! Can some one help if they had problems post how you fixed it please!!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 5:44 PM
i pulled mine right out...
try using somekind of a cloth.....

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 6:52 PM
buzz122 wrote:
Ozzie(aka LED KING) wrote:i <3 Buzz

don't mean to sound stupid, but thats like the 4th time i've seen something like that, but what the hell is that or what the hell does that mean?

It's sposed to be a heart so its like saying "I love buzz"
I assume thats what u were talkin about.

-Seth

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 6:53 PM
i got the stupid things out i tryed like everything to try to get it out so i just got a small pliers, a rag, and brock the bulb and got ahold of on wire inside the bulbs and pulled ... pulled right out and new ones are installed.

Heres some green ones for your different colors, i might be doing a red color in the HVAC for a friend later on for those who want to see the red in there.

[IMG][/IMG]

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search