HVAC colors - Page 3 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HVAC colors
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 8:44 PM
wizkiddrummer -----> oki that makes sense...... thank you.....

rawkfist -----> glad you got it out, and thank you for the green pic

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 8:48 PM
rawkfist, where did you get your LEDs from? Everyone has a brighter HVAC than me

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 8:57 PM
it just might be the quality of the pictures.....

Thursday, February 09, 2006 12:27 AM
buzz122 wrote:thats fine, just let me know when you are ready.........

how bright would you want them?
just also remember, you will loose the use of your windows for the time that i have the switches from you.......
would u beable to do a sunroof button too?

Thursday, February 09, 2006 6:03 AM
LarryMartin830 -----> personally i have no access to a sunroof switches.... so i have no idea.... BUT, i do have a couple of questions. First, is it lit up currently, and secondly, if it's not, then the question lies wether or not it would be possible to place an LED in there.....

AN OFFER PROPOSITION:
open to anyone with a factory sunroof...........................
If you are willing to send me your switch assembly, i will take a look at it, and i might send you it back either all lit up, and ready to go, ½ way complete, where you might need to do some simple wiring, or if it's not possible at all, then theres nothing i could do about that.
Either way, the first person that lets me know that they are interested, will get this done for free, and i will also include a sunroof Carbon Fiber trim bezel from Blue Cav Customs, just for allowing me to to use thier switch for R&D (reasearch & development) purposes.
The only thing i ask, is if you would take pictures once it is installed.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 2:14 PM
alkatmsu wrote:rawkfist, where did you get your LEDs from? Everyone has a brighter HVAC than me

http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html i guess... thats what my bro told me. Ill get the completeinfo tomorrow when he gets home.

I might be doing a red interior like all of it all new leds i will post it up it will be in a 01 cavy so keep posted to see what it looks like.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 2:27 PM
I did my HVAC last summer with #74 bulbs from superbrightleds.com
They did not turn out as bright as buzz122's. I am willing to bet that other people
who purchased from superbrightleds will have the same feedback.

I also did my cluster by soldering Blue 194's directly to the circuit board.
It's not as bright as it would be if I had used some well placed leds.

Ah well, live and learn.

I suppose I could change it, but the results wouldn't be worth the effort imo.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." -- Steven Wright
Thursday, February 09, 2006 3:27 PM
KreepyGuy wrote:I did my HVAC last summer with #74 bulbs from superbrightleds.com
They did not turn out as bright as buzz122's. I am willing to bet that other people
who purchased from superbrightleds will have the same feedback.

Yeah, same here, and for rawkfist. I can't figure this one out.

I'm thinking of getting some of that adhesive mirror replacement stuff and putting it inside the HVAC, so it might reflect more light outward. Does that sound like a good idea to anyone else?

Thursday, February 09, 2006 3:41 PM
humm idk much about that stuff... im sorry but you talk about this stuff and we dont know what the britness is so snap a picture i would like to see why this isn't all the way working...

Thursday, February 09, 2006 9:32 PM
actually, make sure you get a shot of what it looks like including the brightness of the radio, or your cluster, so there is something we can compare it to....

Friday, February 10, 2006 8:02 AM
If my HVAC isn't going to be bright, I'm gonna be pissed, lol

Buzz, did you do anything specific to yours to make it that nice of blue? I posted the link to the blue LED's and you said those were the ones. Anything else you did to yours?

Friday, February 10, 2006 11:38 AM
umm, no, not really......
are your knobs cleared, or they still have the rubber on them...?

Friday, February 10, 2006 12:36 PM
I have mine cleared, but I also painted them blue with stained-glass paint. I figure when I put the new LED's in, I'll get new knobs and keep them clear so the blue shows more.
Friday, February 10, 2006 12:43 PM
i think you should be fine then......

Friday, February 10, 2006 12:46 PM
I better be, or I'm putting my foot up your a$$!!! lol, j/k

If it would ever get decent outside enough to do it, I'd load them and take pics. It just hasn't gotten decent outside at all -_-
Friday, February 10, 2006 11:45 PM
rawkfist wrote:humm idk much about that stuff... im sorry but you talk about this stuff and we dont know what the britness is so snap a picture i would like to see why this isn't all the way working...

I know I had posted a pic at one point, it's long buried I'm sure, so here's one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/aaronofborg/Diary%20images/car/295d643a.jpg

You can see the cluster brightness in the pic is about how bright it looks in person... so is the HVAC.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 2:47 PM
Well by the looks of it it seams as tho the right side of the HVAC light is in wrong. Because most of your light is only coming from the left side.

I dont want to change the subject in this forum so hite me up in an email or pm on what you used in the floor that made it so bright please!

Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:56 PM
alkatmsu ------- > It does look like both bulbs are light up......
i have a solution for your HVAC......... shoot me an email

Sunday, February 12, 2006 9:20 AM
Somebody already posted on how to make the lock switches glow. GM actually planned on having them colored with an LED and I guess theres a hole for one, you just have to cut out the plastic behind the lock logo and put a piece of thin plastic behind it, and this guy is selling stickers to cover up the front again that has the logo on it. Im not exactly sure how to do it but he posted a how-to.

-Nate (ZeeTwankyFo)

Monday, February 13, 2006 12:05 AM
Here is something to give you guys an idea too. I was searching through my old nissan pickup(fixed up laying frame on bags!) and found some covers that came with a set of strobe lights. It was a little bag full of alot of colors. I took two of the red ones and cut the end off of them and put them on my bulbs behind my hvac. They now light up red. Worked pretty good.

Monday, February 13, 2006 7:23 AM
ZeeTwankyFo -----> it was Blue Cav Customs, and i believe the post was named " my X-mas gift to everyone".......

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:52 AM
BTW :
i'm gonna steal a picture from ZeeTwankyFo to show you which LED's i have in my HVAC.....
They are the two little blue casing ones in the picture below..........
Hope this helps a bit

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 8:26 AM
Mine look exactly similar to those, only the casing on mine is a slightly more colored blue. Are your knobs painted too, or just clear?
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 3:16 PM
Like scottbebadboy said, buy the little rubber bulb covers for a 194 bulb at most auto parts stores. They're like $2.00
1.Access the HVAC panel, and remove the face plate.
2.Take the bulb covers, cut them to fit, it's gonna be a little tight,
3.wedge them between the bulb face and the clear reflective piece,
4.snap the faceplate back onto the housing, and yeah, you're done.

It's simple, cheap, and based on what I've seen in some of the HVAC threads, a lot brighter. I'm at work, but if I can find a camera I'll take a pic on break and post it later.
go big or go home!

Gotta keep on livin', L-I-V-I-N
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:18 PM
Looks like this

here's some fuzzy pics of the window switches. Look for the red dots. Old Camera.

Like buzz 122 stated, the window switches are a secret. Not sure how he did them, but I know how I did mine.

Gotta keep on livin', L-I-V-I-N
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search