Started my Interior but I have Questions - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Started my Interior but I have Questions
Thursday, February 10, 2005 5:43 AM
Okay, I have started my interior and I have completed about a 1/3 of the work. I have sanded all I could on the door panel, and I want to remove the window seal that is on the door panel. How do I remove the the seal and re-attach when i am done? Also I am going to redo the arm rest white, with a foam symbol insert there. I've heard people post about cutting the arm rest out and re-upholstering the piece, then putting it back on with liquid nails. Is this necessary? Last but not least, I need to find out how to patch over the hole where the seatbelt comes out of the back piece. I am eventually going to be using racing harness as restraints, and I don't like the hole to be there. I'm sure people are going to say fiberglass it, but I'm not really savvy in the fiberglass department.

Thanks,

Re: Started my Interior but I have Questions
Friday, February 11, 2005 6:17 AM
Click Here for your first few questions.

next, i think the fiberglassing it is going to be one of your only options... how else would you fill it?

Click Here, To Check Out My Interior

Friday, February 11, 2005 7:34 AM
The arm rest is attached to a plastic peice which is attached the the console. When they take it off they are taking away its foundation. With liquad nails you attach it once again. you can f/g it but its gonna be extensive work. the best way to so this is to cut it off completly sand the surface so its nice and smoth and pretend it never had one... or another way may be this. get some upaulstry foam and some adhesive spray a squeege and some vinyl of your choice. take a razor blade and take off the vinyl and foam thats on the plastic peice. Then mask off all the surrounding area and adhesive the foam to the plastic. You make want to do 2 layers if your using 1/3 or 1/4 you would want it to be at least 3/4 thick. Then go back with a cheese grader and shave it to a round structure. spray once more and apply your vinyl and use the squeege to tuck the vinyl under it and secure it nicely. That would be the easiest and cheepest way... Would look good it if properly done (you can also do the symbol as you mentioned this way)
Saturday, February 12, 2005 5:00 PM
when i removed the moulding i took some screwdrivers and straighted the staples in and removed them. then i used the same staples to reattach them it takes a while but it can be done.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, February 14, 2005 6:32 PM
use plastic filler.. its like a gel plastic hardens in like 24 hrs.. now finding it is another story find some give me a hollar used my last jar of it 18 mts ago

beer is like a chick.. well not really its just beer, it be cool thou huh?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search