Racing seats - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Racing seats
Friday, February 11, 2005 12:05 PM
Figured i Would ask here. has anyone heard of/purchased or used either one of these seats? Netami or 3A racing. And if so you like them or no. or anyone hear anything on them any information would be appreciated!

Re: Racing seats
Friday, February 11, 2005 1:18 PM
Why can't anybody do ANYTHING with tastefullness? If you buy junk your gonna get junky results.

I guess we need stupid people who buy, APC, Matrix,Ractive, etc so people who actually put time and effort and buy quality parts into their cars will get respect.

Sparco
Corbeau
Recaro
Bride

The Silver J......Ridin' Clean....
Friday, February 11, 2005 4:24 PM
The seats I have in my car are the no logo APC style ones and I like them alot. They are durable and look good, they are comfortable, compared to many others I have been in.

I would never call these seats junk, sure they may not be as comfortable as some of the 800 name brand ones, but for the price difference I cant justify it

Friday, February 11, 2005 5:05 PM
i have the ractive lumbar style racing seats....love them, havnt had the time to install them yet though,but very happy with my purchase.as far as 3a racing seats..... if im not mistaken i think that pep boys carry them.. dont get me wrong ..the more upscale seats are nice,but the way i see it you buy the seat you want for what you want. i bought mine simply for cosmetic reasons,and also i just wanted to keep my ractive interior theme. i can see if you gonna be on the scca circuit or something but as for what i see ,80% of cars on this site are daily drivers. just alot of unnecessary money being spent i think
hope that helps.

ClassGlass / RkSport / Eibach / Motegi / Ractive / Borla / K&N

Friday, February 11, 2005 6:28 PM
Uh....ok, I guess I just have higher standards for my car than everybody else. Oh yea, in the summer, my car is my daily driver.

Friday, February 11, 2005 6:42 PM
^
Well thats awesome you have "higher standards".... Like joey said.....are you doing Scca races? No, you have a 120hp cavalier.....Hardly the car i see needing Sparco racing seats......now if you had an a high hp turboed or N/a cavalier...then i could see why. But its simply a waste of money.......now think about this....you could have got a nice pair of $300-$400 seats...and spent that extra $1200 on something really worth wild... But to each his own right? So don't rip on people for not wanting to spend $1600 on seats........And you mentioned in your profile you Re-painted your car sliver.......Well if you had higher standerds why wouldn't you do it an oringal color or something alittle better then stock cavalier sliver........just something to think about the next time you rip on the poor guy for asking a question......geez i really hate people that give guys hard times for asking questions.....

And to answer your question...my friend has 3A seats cause he used to work at pepboys and they are actually really nice seats for the money....They are comfortable and pretty nice style for the most part....i would say go for it
Friday, February 11, 2005 6:51 PM
^

sorry, Silvrdream for coming on alittle strong....i just don't want this guy to get discouraged from buying what he wants because he thinks that unless he gets sparco their not going to fit his need....you see what i,m saying

So no hard feelings. And btw, nice choice on intake Silverdream. I have the Induction Dynamics CAI for about 4 months and absolutly love it....Now that is one thing that is definatly worth paying the extra money for
Friday, February 11, 2005 6:51 PM
Silvrdreamld904 wrote:
I guess we need stupid people who buy, APC, Matrix,Ractive, etc so people who actually put time and effort and buy quality parts into their cars will get respect.

^ That was really annoying. It really pissed me off for some reason. Just because someone doesn't want to spend 1200 on seats makes them stupid? I really hate some of the people on this site.

ImportFighter22> Thank you for your response. It made me smile....

I usually don't respond in this manner, but Silvrdreamld904's comment REALLY pissed me off.

As for the cheaper seats~ I have sat in quite a few and they sit pretty good. Never sat in the two you are asking about though-- sorry. The way I look at it though~ almost anything is better than stock. The stock seats kill my back.

WARNING: Do not buy from Sam h (boostedld9). He never sent our item and has had our money for a little over a month now. Has not sent money, won't return phone calls, won't return e-mails. Bad person to deal with. Contacted lawyer! BEWARE!
Friday, February 11, 2005 7:45 PM
Silvrdreamld904 wrote:Why can't anybody do ANYTHING with tastefullness? If you buy junk your gonna get junky results.

Sparco
Corbeau
Recaro
Bride

I'm sorry if asking a question is a crime, But if i had 1600 dollars to throw around, I would probably consider those seats. Actually I would take that money and put into the motor of this car if I was going to do anything and still go with the tastefulness seats just because I would still have 1200 more dollars to use on the car. And by the way Not everyone on JBO has that kinda of money. Which is probably a good reason why we are all driving around cavailers and not jaguar's, lambo's, and other high end sport cars. But everyone is entitled to a response.

Friday, February 11, 2005 8:18 PM
agreed..get the seats you like/can afford as long as you are happy with your decision....take hte feed back on the seats and dont listen to the jacka$$es...not everyone in the world can put that much money into cars..thats why we all get creative

Saturday, February 12, 2005 12:07 AM
go here...www.tommcbridemotorsport.com

quality for a good price........tom mcbride seats

Saturday, February 12, 2005 12:08 AM
ignore that www.tommcbridemotorsport.com site and just click the link the site is actually tommotorsport.com i was ina hurry and well...goofed up lol

Saturday, February 12, 2005 12:21 AM
You say, "hardly the car needing racing seats".......come on man.....very few of our cars are really fast. We mod to :

1) Make us look good
2) Make us fast
3) To make us look good to others
4) To be proud of something you have put your hard earned time and money into......

Im number 4......

Sorry for being like that.

LOL

I have high standards. When I "diss" someone for buying garbage or low end knock off products its not to really make them feel bad, its to encourage. I would really like to see people doing really quality things to JBodys, not ricer things that give us a bad name. People are like, oh, you drive a Cavalier, "does it have euro lights" etc....

Then they see my car and change their mind. I guess im an a$$hole for demanding the best from my JBody community.

Saturday, February 12, 2005 12:27 AM
Oh, yea, I have a huge amount of respect for Bob Mull, Chris Laverty, Thomas Jones, Z2Flip4, Teske,Meckster,Black Ecotec, etc..... there are a nice amount of QUALITY JBodys out there that really represent.

I started with my car 3 years ago, I saved my money for quality parts and every year its getting better. So people who say they don't have the money for some expensive parts need to realize that quality takes time. Dont rush. Nobody is gonna get on you for your car not being done.

Sorry guys, I dont mean to come off as a jerk. But I care too much to not say anything.

Saturday, February 12, 2005 4:35 AM
i care about quality and time put I put in to my vehicles. They get the majority of my money when I have it to spare. I'm was just curious as to how the seats looked and feel. Cause i though I had heard of the netami being a large named company like the sparco and various other ones. I just started on this car last July. And I am currently working my ass off to get it looking decent inside and outside. When time and money permits. probably won't ever be finished cause of many different things that may come into view at anyones point in life. And for buying cheap stuff. Sometimes I get cheap stuff sometimes I don't skimp on it. Just depends on how good they look and if they are decent quality. And/or it maybe of a temporary thing. Cause the shape my car started in and the shape of the car now you would probably be amazed with the work that has been put into the car. I know I have already invested about 2K in it and it don't look like i have done sh*t to it yet.

Saturday, February 12, 2005 6:12 AM
spence: buy the seats you want... for whatever purpose you want or need them for.
and silverdram: alot of those guys that you mentioned have those upscale seats ........more than likely have really good sponsers too.

ClassGlass / RkSport / Eibach / Motegi / Ractive / Borla / K&N

Saturday, February 12, 2005 9:41 AM
i'm figuring on getting one of the 2 just wasn't really sure, and was hoping someone might have heard of the other brand. Cause I can get the netami for 360 and the 3A racing pair for 250 both prices are shipped. Just trying to figure out which would be the nicer of the 2 and comfortable. And thanks to everyone that is givin' some opinions good and Bad

Monday, February 14, 2005 1:21 PM
All i have to say is who cares what other people think about u or your car. Are they the ones driving it? Are they the ones that worked on it? I dont care what mods are done or what is being put into someones car. If it makes them happy let them do it. If people say they drive a ricer is that the end of the world? Import fighter hit it right on the money so i want to say thank you for your comment, Silvrdream worry about yourself and your standards. Not everyone can afford to have top quality things.

http://members.cardomain.com/squick24
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search