Take off alien dome light (with map lights) - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Take off alien dome light (with map lights)
Monday, February 21, 2005 11:45 AM
I've tried and tried and searched and got answers but its not coming off.

It has the 2 buttons on the front, the 2 lights and the one slightly back, so the 3 lights that look like an alien head. I'm sure someone knows what it looks like.

Anyways, the damn thing wont come off, theres 1 clip on the back side of the cover and I donno which way to push it. I can go from the front to the back of the clip prying it forwards, or visaversa. Everyones told me to push forward and down or something but I cant get at it to get a grip to pull down and I dont know which way to move that clip.

Its driving me insane.

Said by cheesecake: I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GENERAL MOTORS PRODUCT IN MY LIFE GM CAN SUCK MY D*CK I AGREE!

Re: Take off alien dome light (with map lights)
Monday, February 21, 2005 12:00 PM
you need a bigger hammer...

Monday, February 21, 2005 12:45 PM
lol, not quite the response I was looking for, but its getting to that point :p

Said by cheesecake: I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GENERAL MOTORS PRODUCT IN MY LIFE GM CAN SUCK MY D*CK I AGREE!

Monday, February 21, 2005 2:00 PM
yeah i had the same problem...and i know the alien theing your talkin about.....push the back single clip towards the front of the car to unhook it...then push the whole peice towards the front of the car and pull down..and jiggle it and play with it a little you know...and it will come off.....when i took mine off to paint i figured...hey worse thing that can happen is i break it and have to go to the junk yard and slip one in my pocket for free...
Monday, February 21, 2005 5:15 PM
jiggle it, then play with it, that was funny

Monday, February 21, 2005 5:37 PM
if theyre the same as cavaliers, which im sure they are, the cover is held on by three clips, take the enitre headliner down and you be able to check it out once the headliner is down a bit, and then maybe youll get the urge to recover your headliner, at least thats what happened to me

Monday, February 21, 2005 6:33 PM
Its different with the map lights though, only 1 clip.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 4:46 AM
still, take the headliner down and youll get it

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 6:33 AM
take the headliner out to remove the dome light cover...thats insane...

I need to take mine off too, bugs in there...

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 6:45 AM
You too? Heh, I had two in there, one is in the reading light and the other is in the back one. I just tapped the back one a couple times and he came out, right threw the hole. Coincidental but I wanna take it off to get the other one out and to sand/paint and LED mod it.

So far I've got an engine rebuild, which blew, now a new engine. 5 hours later, clutch burned up. New clutch now. Alternator dies next day. 2 days later battery goes aswell.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:49 AM
ok how hard is it to take a healiner down, im not sayin take it out all the way, its really not hard at all, 3 torx screws for each take those little push in things out with a hammer, pull those little panels loose so you can move the headliner around a bit

should take maximum ten minutes

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 9:23 AM
Alright, I'll give it a shot once I get my dash back together. Hopefully it wont be a problem... like the dash was :p

So far I've got an engine rebuild, which blew, now a new engine. 5 hours later, clutch burned up. New clutch now. Alternator dies next day. 2 days later battery goes aswell.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 12:49 PM
thats cool, see the thing is once you get it off you probably wont have trouble with it ever again, i know thats how mine was, good luck man

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 2:07 PM
I call it my alien dome light too LOL!

Get in the back seat, grip the back of the cover, it'll flex like hell in the middle, but the back of it will come out, then the front just will slide out too. Don't be scared, you'll know before you break it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search