aftermarket steering wheels: street legal??? - Page 3 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: aftermarket steering wheels: street legal???
Sunday, April 08, 2007 9:19 PM
Geeky wrote:
Full Cav Effect (stenger) wrote:Ok, so who here honestly modifies their cars to be 100% legal?

I'm pretty sure I have. I don't see why it should be necessary to do otherwise.

what about your future mods....window tint on the front is a no no. some areas also inforce a headlight to ground minimum distance. I notice that your lowered. when you mod your car, your more then likely breaking some rules. some people more then others.

Monday, April 09, 2007 4:36 PM
the lemur wrote:
Geeky wrote:
Full Cav Effect (stenger) wrote:Ok, so who here honestly modifies their cars to be 100% legal?

I'm pretty sure I have. I don't see why it should be necessary to do otherwise.

what about your future mods....window tint on the front is a no no. some areas also inforce a headlight to ground minimum distance. I notice that your lowered. when you mod your car, your more then likely breaking some rules. some people more then others.

Tinting a front window is retarded, and even though a top strip is allowed in my province I have no interest in trying to improve on the factory visor tint. I've also browsed though the laws for headlamps in my are (as available here) without finding any obvious issues for a car with lowered suspension save for the possibility of poor aiming.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Monday, April 09, 2007 4:38 PM
In NV you have to have any safety device that came with your car installed properly and working... it's like >$350.00 fine if busted... good luck

-Adam

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2339406
Monday, April 09, 2007 11:19 PM
i have checked every where around here and i was told it dont matter if you have a aftermarket wheel or not

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 5:24 PM
cavalierkid02 wrote:ok WTF inspections are you talking about none of mine or my familys cars have been inspected and like Mike Brock said govt. cant control what you do to your car other than emissions and things that would harm OTHER PEOPLE removing your airbag hurts you not the other people driving and as soon as i find the hub adapter and a nice wheel i am swaping them out . oh and im not a misinformed, naive, immature, complete STUPID person either, if you want to be protected by an airbag on the drivers side keep them in your car doubt you'll be driving mine any time soon, my safety not your .

cavalierkid02 wrote:i have racing harness' in my car and i have that on before the key is turned, and being harness' i dont move any where so i wouldnt hit the steering wheel anyways i still have the airbag but when i find a hub adapter its gone

So you're a safety engineer then, right? With the harness, you obviously have a fully padded roll cage and proper race seats so I'm sure you'll be fine. Not everyone goes to that amount of effort though. Some retards will just put in some ricer harnesses and think they're fine, risking both themselves and their passengers just so they can have a fancy wheel.

Here's some easy reading for some of the less informed people who are considering this mod.

http://www.wildweasel.ca/j-body/HowTo/racingharness.asp

That relates to harnesses, but I think enough has been said here about air bags.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 7:23 AM
no im not a safety engineer, and yes i have racing seats and harness and i am looking for a place to make a roll cage for me . and i am taking all the step to have a safe car even without airbags,but until i find someplace to build my roll cage the harness are mounted to the floor,and the airbags are still in. so unless you a safety engineer i dont think anyone cares about what you think about the safety of there cars

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 7:36 AM
cavalierkid02 wrote:unless you a safety engineer i dont think anyone cares about what you think about the safety of there cars

I care what he thinks. The man's website is half responsible for making my car what it is today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, April 11, 2007 7:42 AM

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:40 AM
cavalierkid02 wrote:no im not a safety engineer, and yes i have racing seats and harness and i am looking for a place to make a roll cage for me . and i am taking all the step to have a safe car even without airbags,but until i find someplace to build my roll cage the harness are mounted to the floor,and the airbags are still in. so unless you a safety engineer i dont think anyone cares about what you think about the safety of there cars

harness mounted to floor = most unsafe rig ever

you'd prolly be better off with no harness or belt than with a harness mounted to the floor

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 10:58 AM
Geeky wrote:
cavalierkid02 wrote:unless you a safety engineer i dont think anyone cares about what you think about the safety of there cars

I care what he thinks. The man's website is half responsible for making my car what it is today.

Bro... you're my favourite person today!

Thanks for that.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search