Gauge pod pillar ? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gauge pod pillar ?
Friday, March 18, 2005 3:51 PM
I already have the dual gauge pod that ataches to my stock A - pillar. I am looking for the whole A - pillar and pod all together. (to give it that smooth look) Is there any company that makes the whole pillar with the pod in it? RK sport told me that their product was the whole pillar but when i got it today it was just on that attached to my stock pillar. Any help would be great thanx.

Re: Gauge pod pillar ?
Friday, March 18, 2005 6:17 PM
I'm listening...

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

TAX ID: 45-8013458577-3
Friday, March 18, 2005 6:43 PM
Megan wrote: Is there any company that makes the whole pillar with the pod in it? .

Saturday, March 19, 2005 5:26 AM
i dont think they make one.. i bought one from jason and it "covers" the whole pillar, but you have to screw it in

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
jeep wrangler hard top for sale.. 97-up.. rear defroster and smoked glass.. $1000 or best offer.. e-mail for more info
Saturday, March 19, 2005 7:58 AM
LERecords wrote:i dont think they make one.. i bought one from jason and it "covers" the whole pillar, but you have to screw it in

If you're talking about the lo-tec triple gauge pillar, it's supposed to replace the stock one, not go over it.

So far they're only made for the 95-02 cars though and I know they were working on the 03+ ones but don't know if they were ever finished.

I don't know of any for the 2nd gens, which is what this thread is about.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 8:09 AM
I know this is for the second GEN's but I did order my Lotec pod from Jason haven't gotten it yet and it's for the 3rd GEN.
Saturday, March 19, 2005 8:40 AM
well when i got my one form jason (and i do beleive its the lotec) it came with screews and i assumed you have to screw it into the one that was there.. if i was wrong then whatever because it looks good anyways

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
jeep wrangler hard top for sale.. 97-up.. rear defroster and smoked glass.. $1000 or best offer.. e-mail for more info
Saturday, March 19, 2005 8:42 AM
The Lotek pillars replace the current plastic piece... The screw into the metal.

The 95-02 are in stock, as well as the 03+...

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:08 AM
My only beef with the lotek pillars is they don't have the trim piece that goes down the door, so if you have your door open, it looks like you are missing a chunk of interior trim.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:28 PM
I'd like to see a picture of the lotek pillar in place (with the door open showing whats missing), or if nothing else, a picture of the door open with that trim piece that would be missing pointed out. From what I have pictured in my head, it seems like something that could be fabricated using the old trim piece, but I'd like to see for sure.

My Car Domain Page

Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:48 PM

(Thanks to Looney Tuner for the pic)

The trim piece is circled in red, that piece is not on the Lotek pillar.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:34 AM
That is why I attached my Lo-Tek pillar to the stock one. Now when I open the door you don't see a hole in the trim. But at the top near the headliner you can see the edge of the stick one. But only if you look carefully
Sunday, March 20, 2005 12:22 PM
AH ok, thanks. I'm guessing it would be easier to attatch the lotek one over stock like blackwidow said as opposed to fabricating them together like I mentioned. Though according to that other thread, Lotek has redone the mold to include the whole thing, and they're even swapping the old ones out with the new design since they realised they "messed up the mold".

My Car Domain Page

Sunday, March 20, 2005 2:48 PM
^^ The new mold doesn't have those pieces made on them... None of the pillars they make do.

I have both sets in stock (95-02 & 03+) and they both look as they did before.

PHONE 763-682-9945

Sunday, March 20, 2005 9:48 PM
So then what's different about the new mold?

My Car Domain Page

Monday, March 21, 2005 6:07 AM
I guess it's supposed to fit better...

PHONE 763-682-9945

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 1:15 AM
if you are reffering to the thread about the 03 a-pillar pods it is because the pod is to short to line up at the top and the bottom. If you line it up at the headliner it wont line up at the dash and visea versa.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search