cover up holes - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cover up holes
Sunday, March 20, 2005 12:44 PM
I have drilled holes in my trunk to hold somethings down that i have in my trunk and backseat....i am goin to be taking those out and i would like to cover up those holes...how would i go about doin that?

Re: cover up holes
Sunday, March 20, 2005 9:49 PM
weld in filler pieces. Don't use Bondo, it will eventually crack.

My Car Domain Page

Monday, March 21, 2005 12:07 PM
im not trying to weld back there...any other ideas

Monday, March 21, 2005 2:19 PM
welding is the right way of doing it, if u want to do it the wrong way you can use duct tape, bondo, electrical tape, snot, bubble gum. whatever u want really.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, March 21, 2005 6:46 PM
if its just small holes use some silicon if your not going to weld. it will keep all the outside crap out.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 2:37 AM
ok, if they are small holes and i mean small holes, no bigger than the end of an eraser and thats max size, go to an auto store and get some masking tape and some epoxy, look for the 5 min stuff that bonds to metal, put your tape on the top of your trunk lid, take the trunk lid off the car lay it upside down put the epoxy inside the holes making sure the tape is covering them as a solid backing so the epoxy cant run or seep, try 3 or 4 layers of tape over the holes, this will fill and seal the holes and should prevent the cracking you'll get from bondo, make sure to put a large amount on the back side of the holes, let it run over a bit so its got a good hold, let it cure for a couple hours then test it to make sure it wont fall out easy, once thats done find some decent filler i found some new stuff called formula 27 its a body filler thats nice to work with, fill the top of the holes if neccasary then color match, bam your done and it aint rednecked together.

J~
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search