dash painting - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dash painting
Sunday, March 20, 2005 5:53 PM
I'm trying to see what is the best way to paint the dash in my cav. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Re: dash painting
Sunday, March 20, 2005 5:59 PM
by dash...im guessing you mean the plastic pieces.....

pieces that are paintable include,
-big vent defroster thing,
-airbag cover
-small vents
-radio/hvac/cluster bezel

and some others im probably forgetting, as for the main part of the dash, your gonna have to dye that because its vynal,

and im not quite sure where to pick it up...ive been looking for a couple months now for some sort of vynal dye
Sunday, March 20, 2005 5:59 PM
I just checked the FAQ forum, so I withdraw my last question. Thanks though.
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 8:04 PM
How do you take off the radio/hvac/cluster bezel any info would be greatly apperciated
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 2:31 AM
Ok, i'll answer 2 questions at in one shot, for vinyl dye use a product called mar hyde, it works great and its not that expensive and most autozones/ o reily's sell it from what i've seen, as for removing the trim panel.

You need to remove the dash pad, to do this first open both doors, now carefully remove the peice of plastic on each side , you'll see an edge there pull the peices apart and they pop right out, next remove the screws behind the panel, should be 1 on each side i think there are 2 on the right its been awhile though, next open the glove box there are 4 screws here, 2 on the front edge and 2 up further in the dash that hold an aluminum bracket, your dash should be lose on the right side now, remove the center vent fromt he dash there are 2 more screws here, now the dash should be ready to pull out, be careful when you pull your dash out it needs to lift up in the front, slide forward a few inches then be pulled towards you, dont stab the airbag with the bracket thats on the bottom of the dash. the trim peice you want just pulls right out after that, you can also cheat and loosen the screws on the left side of the dash and pull up real hard there are pins under the dash pad that hold the top of the trim panel in place.

to do this you'll need a phillips screw driver, a flat head screw driver, and i beleive its a 6mm socket with a small ratchet and an extension to reach certain spots, good luck, i painted my dash about 2 months ago .

J~
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 9:11 PM
thanks a lot i really apprieciate the information
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search