do all b&m short throws come with the knob? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
do all b&m short throws come with the knob?
Thursday, March 24, 2005 10:40 PM
like the question says do all of them come with the knob and if so who has the best price on them?

Re: do all b&m short throws come with the knob?
Friday, March 25, 2005 5:58 AM
i believe so, but dont quote me on it. as far as price, everybody has it for around the same price, so it doesnt matter who you buy it from.

Land Pirates sail the open roads
DISCLAIMER: If anything I say offends you, I don't care..wear a helmet. Also, the information
I post is what I know to the best of my knowledge. If I am wrong, please correct me so that
others as well as myself may learn.
Premium sinc 6-17-04
Friday, March 25, 2005 7:50 AM
95- 99 do not come with a knob. I got one for my 99 and it did not come with a knob.
You have a 2001 getrag so I believe yours comes with a knob. As far as I know 2000 and up get a knob witht he shifter.

I got mine from Karo at www.carcustoms.net

Friday, March 25, 2005 7:57 AM
95-99 do not cause the stock knob comes off easily

the 00-05 come with the knob , cause the knob gets destroyed getting it off , unless you are lucky

Friday, March 25, 2005 9:11 AM
Ok thanks for all the input.

Its much appretiated.
Friday, March 25, 2005 1:04 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]95-99 do not cause the stock knob comes off easily

the 00-05 come with the knob , cause the knob gets destroyed getting it off , unless you are luckyThats funny since I destroyed my knob trying to get it off, but it never came off (because I didn't know how to get it off and ended up ripping it in half). I glued it back together and had to deal with 'ceases' from the places it broke. Then about a month later, I saw the B&M short throw and noticed it was threaded at the end, so I went out to my car and twisted and it popped loose, no problem. Wish I had known that before I ripped my knob apart.

What's even worse is I'd rather not have the B&M knob when I get my short throw, but the Chevy Dealer won't sell JUST the knob, they sell the whole stick.. and they want $20 less than what the short throw will cost =(

My Car Domain Page

Friday, March 25, 2005 4:37 PM
I wrecked mine removing it too. It was mostly unavoidable. Some people get them loose and some done. Yours wasn't threaded on. It's press-fit. Your stock stick doesn't have threads, it has gnurls.

Just go out and take your pick of the aftermarket knobs out there. There's even plenty that support the reverse lock-out lifter. I love my MOMO knob.

Saturday, March 26, 2005 9:29 AM
I literally had to peel mines like a bananna. lol
Yhea there is no way of saving the stock knob.
But I like the B&M knob.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search