Black Reverse Gauges - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Re: Black Reverse Gauges
Monday, March 21, 2005 7:42 PM
Hmmm...me smokem peace pipe.

Monday, March 21, 2005 7:44 PM
You better pray that yours don't do this:

Every time I get in my car, I want to scream.

Can't wait til my Speedhut gauges come so I can throw these pieces of crap into the street and stomp on 'em.

(no offense - I wish you the best of luck with yours)

-Steve

http://www.bluecavcustoms.com
Monday, March 21, 2005 7:53 PM
mine started to do that to by the gas guage im going to be ordering some custom ones form black cat soon. I have had luck with mine they are almsot 2 years old now.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Monday, March 21, 2005 9:19 PM
There also is a easy fix for it now taht we know there is a issue withe the protective coating pealing up. Re glue the edges or peal it off that coatign isnt really needed since its already covered but the dash

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 6:02 AM
Yeah I tried that this weekend but it leaves an adhesive behind and I think if I try to use adhesive remover it will start to strip the numbers, etc.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 2:43 PM
how blue did urs show? mine only got like a light blue

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:55 PM
I tried all of the combos that you can do with the switch and found one that's not too bad.

Steve

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 8:15 PM
i just got mine in the mail 2 days ago, they look good but when i hooked them up to a 9v battery to test and make sure they work, they wernt that bright i hope there brighter when i install them. Mine also look like they can only go light blue to light green, i was really hopin they would be like some of the volkswagen jettas, that purple color that he shows on his auction site. not the case so far...

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:26 PM
cavie freak you have any pics of them lit up. ive been debating for about a month now. thanks dude

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 12:44 AM
OneBadZ24 wrote:i just got mine in the mail 2 days ago, they look good but when i hooked them up to a 9v battery to test and make sure they work, they wernt that bright i hope there brighter when i install them. Mine also look like they can only go light blue to light green, i was really hopin they would be like some of the volkswagen jettas, that purple color that he shows on his auction site. not the case so far...

Use these directions and im sure they will be a little brighter. I had the same problem till I did them this way.

Gauges Install

The install is pretty simple. Take your dash apart. Then take out the gauges (2 screws on the sides of the cluster). Then you just need to unplug the wire harness from the back of the cluster. Once you get it out of the car pop the clear cover off the cluster you do that by pushing the tabs on the under side of the cluster. Then then you just need to point all the needles straight up. slide the new gauge face under the needles making sure you don't pull up on them. so SO BE CAREFUL. Then just put the needles back to where they were. Oh yeah I forgot to mention to take note of where the needles are. Then position the gauges on the cluster so that they are accurate with the speeds and stuff. Then tape the corners where the bezel will cover the tape. Then install the clear cover back on them and they are done. Then put the transformer in the dash somewhere that the wires will reach a good ground. I used my spare cig lighter next to my ignition for my ground. Then all you need to do is find the switched 12v power on the cluster. Mine was a Gray wire it only had power when the headlights were switched on. I just jammed the wire next to the pin in the harness and taped the wire snug so it wouldn't move back and forth. Then just plug the power to the gauges and put the adjuster switch where ever you want. I went with the stealth mode and put it behind the panel for the fuses. Right above where the fuses are.

BluCav wrote:cavie freak you have any pics of them lit up. ive been debating for about a month now. thanks dude

Ill find them tomorrow and upload them wel later today.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:44 AM
I got Speedhut Black reverse guages and they're not too bright either.
I don't really like it at all.. it's too dull

Like OneBadZ24 said I wish they were more like the VW's.

Thursday, March 24, 2005 2:18 PM
You boys need to go custom to achieve the blue that I did... it's almost VW without the purply tinge to it.

Lots of work and lots of $$$... and lots of hasste.

Good luck.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, March 24, 2005 10:42 PM
hey cavie freak you got those pics or are you going to the meet. if so i can just check them out then.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search