2000 door panel vinyl - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2000 door panel vinyl
Saturday, March 26, 2005 12:08 PM
Ok so took the carpet pieces off the door panel and this is what im left with.

sorry about the bad pic i used my phone inside the garage.

I was hoping to just paint the whole panel but the door has slits in it that held the carpet. So now im thinking of using vinyl. how should i go about it. should i vinyl over the fabric and put the whole thing back on? also now that i undid the plastic welds to get everything off how do i reattach it all?
I hate working with plastic metal is so much easier to work with.

Re: 2000 door panel vinyl
Sunday, March 27, 2005 11:42 AM
You've got to get some liquid nails to re-attatch it all or get a good shop to do it for you. I'm going to replace the carpet with vynal but I've also seen people take out the fabric and paint the empty space. Either way it'll look good.

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Sunday, March 27, 2005 2:14 PM
Thanks im just worried that with the extra thickness of the vinyl itll be hard to get the piece to fit again.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 2:20 PM
All I did was take the panels off, I took a dremel and cut the excess plastic pieces that
were sticking up and I took vinyl and wrapped it around the holes it was a little difficult towards the bottom of the door cause you have some slits you have to cut the vinyl around. after that I took the carpet off of the old panels and then glued it to the back of the vinyl so that the vinyl wouldnt stretch as much and nothing would puncture it. hope that helps

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/751000-751999/751205_26.jpg

Sunday, March 27, 2005 4:18 PM
Thanks that does help with the two bottom pieces what about the upper on the top half of the door.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 5:01 PM
i have a buddy that did his upper, if you dont put foam on the inside first and then put the vinyl then when you piece it together, you can see a gap. and it wont give you that factory look of it sticking out a little He used some contact cement or liquid glue or something to put it back together.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 5:53 PM
So are you saying if i just recover the fabric it will fit or do i have to strip the fabric off before i cove it to make it fit snug?

Monday, March 28, 2005 5:51 PM
i would just by some really thin foam about a 1/4" thick and glue it first you can ask blitzedj he did his door panels

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search