If you want to replace gauge cluster bulbs... - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
If you want to replace gauge cluster bulbs...
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 5:35 PM
Don't purchase the T1.5's from [URL=www.superbrightleds.com]superbrightleds[/URL]. The twist-lock socket base is far too small to replace the primary bulbs in our clusters. However, they are a suitable replacement for our turn signal & high-beam cluster indicators.

If you're looking to change the color of your turn signal indicators, your only real option is blue. This is because the signal icon itself is already tinted green. Blue bulbs will still shine through as blue, but forget about red, white, etc. For the same reason it's almost pointless to replace your high beam indicator, which is already tinted blue.

I just wanted to give people a heads up that if you're looking to replace your primary cluster bulbs (spedometer, tachometer, etc.) your best bet is still to wire leds or attempt the 194 bulb swap that's outlined in the interior FAQ.

I left out the usage of "bulb boots/condoms" because I find that the light is muted, and lacks the crispness of halogen or led light sources.

That is all.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." -- Steven Wright

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search