Great eBay finds - Eco Covers and Bolt Covers - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Great eBay finds - Eco Covers and Bolt Covers
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 12:34 PM
This guy has a lot of cool stuff - I ordered this Eco Cover

and these bolt covers that go around the whole thing and the 4 bolts for the ignition module on top.

^^^these awesome billet covers also fit on a lot of other bolt heads in the engine bay, I ordered an extra set of 14.

I had originally bought a powder-coated blue Eco cover but ended up changing my mind. He'll have that one back on eBay next week.

Anyway, just go to eBay and type "Ecotec cover" in the Search box, and all this stuff comes up in the eBay Stores results. He gives you 50-60 bucks off when you send the old cover back and even sends you a DHS label for easy, free shipping back to him.

Good customer service - he has been cool to do business with. I can't wait to get this thing installed, at which point my engine bay is DONE, the only part of the car that I will consider finished, with the possible exception of a few CF accents here and there...

To keep this thread interesting, please post pics of your custom Ecotec covers (or whatever engine you've got). I've seen some good ones lately but forget the names.

Steve

Re: Great eBay finds - Eco Covers and Bolt Covers
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 12:42 PM

They are not billet, they are blue anodozed looking plastic caps.

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true."
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 12:53 PM
Yeah, that stuff has been on ebay for a long long time.
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 1:28 PM
The ones I got seem metal to me...

The only plastic part is the little black parts that go on first. If I end up with an extra one, I'll smash it with a hammer and see if it has a plastic core...

Sorry if I posted something you already saw - just trying to help give people ideas and show them new stuff.

Steve
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 1:37 PM
he wants 150 for a polished valve cover.........OMG......glad im gonna do mine myself, and make a few more to sell, for a lot less

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 2:28 PM
Yeah well if you got time for all that and can keep your car off the road while the cover is off, thats great.

I don't mind spending the money to get what I want and get it done 100% right.
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:29 PM
well i can go to a junkyard and get 2 valve covers tommorrow, polish one up and put it on my car, then i have 2 to polish and sell. i'll post pics when im done

and yeah, i got time, im unemployed right now, waiting to go to college in october. ive got all the time in the world

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 4:19 PM
I charge $75.00 and when I'm done they look like chrome. Its not bad tho if you dont
have or can't do it.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 6:25 PM
those caps are aluminum not plastic , atleast most arent

but they arent made from a billet piece of aluminum

it will look cool though

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 7:36 PM
jackalope wrote:I charge $75.00 and when I'm done they look like chrome. Its not bad tho if you dont
have or can't do it.

how much would you charge me for an M90 supercharger and 2 heads?

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 9:35 PM
The 180+shipping he charges for that seem extremely steep. Even with a $60 core charge. I got my a extra cover and powdercoated for $40 and gotta keep my stock one.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 4:03 PM
Sorry if the answer is a little late Angry one. The blower i'd just have to see to be able to tell you. And kinda the same thing on the heads too. It would all depend on how rough the casting is. If its pretty smooth then I'd guess about $75.00 to $100.00 each.
Now before you flame please understand these will look every bit as good as the valve cover shown above. Now if the castings are rough and I need to sand then it just goes up from there. Of corse I would tell you how much we'd be talking about if I could see
them. In person would be best. I know its a trip down here but not this weekend but the next were having another meet. Go to regions forum and look for "Columbia Nights" if your interested I can give you directions on how to get here. It would be great to see a car like yours in person since it looks so damn good on the org. e-mail me if you'd like to.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 8:35 AM
mikec2003 wrote:he wants 150 for a polished valve cover.........OMG......glad im gonna do mine myself, and make a few more to sell, for a lot less

It's not polished its powder coated with a Jet Hot coating so it will keep its shine for ever and never need to be polished.
Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:15 AM
If its powder coated its worth it. The way I polish the ones I do doesn't require a ton to maintain them. Just rub them with flannel or terrycloth before a show and it comes back up. I've used this polish for years on billet rims with no bad side effects at all.
And billet is very finicey stuff if you've ever worked with it. I would only polish my wheels once a year after winter and the shine would hold all year long just wipe them down.

Never knocked your buy just offered an alternative.

Friday, August 05, 2005 7:23 AM
they can powder coat a chromey looking substance? hmm.. i had always wondered that....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search