FAQ re: Cluster lights - Page 9 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: FAQ re: Cluster lights
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 3:05 PM
ohh well, i figured i could ask.......... thanx though

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 3:53 PM
there's just so many replies in this thread, I'm having a hard time separating the 95-99 cluster procedures with the 00+ procedures.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 4:03 PM
hey buzz122, how did you do the odometer? i never even thought of that when i did the cav the first time.
Thursday, March 09, 2006 5:38 AM
quick question about overlays for anyone out there that may have input or know what im talking about. I want the overlays power source to be the same as the cluster so when you turn on the lights everything comes on at once. So i checked the cluster fuse spot in the back of the panel, second row all the way down and there is 2 orange wires. My only question is does it matter which orange wire i use to tap it?

Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:26 AM
^ my bad... 5 down 4 over... clstr

Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:49 AM
OneBadZ24 <--------- if you have a tester, check which one works and use that one.

dan fields <------- the same way you do the other lights, it's just a really big PITA, to get to.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:50 AM
Z24 FReQ (Jarett) <------- are you trying to find something in particular ?

Thursday, March 09, 2006 10:00 AM
I'd like to put the multidirectional LED's in my '02 cluster, and from what I've read, it's different than the 95-99 clusters. I just want to have the directions down so I don't screw something up.

Desert Tuners

Thursday, March 09, 2006 12:50 PM
great idea, but i don't see that happening........
i mean you could possibly do it, but because of the close tolerances inside, and maybe after a great deal of modification to the multi directionals, in the end it might not be worth it, or you might get unwanted results..........

Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:12 PM
so just regular LED's then. gotcha.
I'll have to go back through the thread to try and figure it out.

Desert Tuners

Friday, March 10, 2006 9:33 PM
ok this is pissing me off! after i get a dc power supply from my school sence the program is handing old stuff out it goes and craps out on me! so once i get that up an running ill hook the cluster up and get the pictures of it! if buzz says its ok sence he started this all i will post but thats up to him! a red and a blue will be coming once i get the power source working.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 4:35 AM
ok keep me updated rawkfist

My Other Ride

RIP Saint...Semper Fi.
Saturday, March 11, 2006 10:31 AM
well i have to order some parts for it and ill get the pictures up of the final product.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 1:18 PM
sounds like a plan..i cant wait

My Other Ride

RIP Saint...Semper Fi.
Monday, March 13, 2006 5:37 PM
I did mine today.I used the bulbs from walmart.It turned out great.After reading this thread it was a piece of cake so a big thanks to buzz and rawkfist.
The best part was my 7 year old son helped with everything it was great watching him get excited about the project and the look on his face when it worked lol he had to run in and get his mom to come look at what he did it was awsome!!! Thanks again guys without reading this I would of never attempted this
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 3:31 PM
^^^^hey np! what color did you do?

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:33 PM
Just ordered my blue multi-directional LEDs from superbrightleds.com. They should be at home waiting for me when I get there for spring break, then I can tear my car apart again! Yay!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:33 PM
went with blue.Some how I overlooked the bulb # in the HVAC thread so I'm going to get leds and swap them all out . Just so i got it straight you just push the leds in no cutting or solder right? also has anybody mixed colors to get a rainbow type affect or would work ? or look bad? Oh and i have a dremel and want to try a couple things lol
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:07 PM
u can get color changing LEDs off of ebay... if u want a umm rainbow effect dunno why u would but i just that would look kinda cool

1998 Sunfire, 2.2L auto
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:32 PM
you can get them off the superbrightleds.com also... not dissing ebay but i would trust superbrightleds.com over that. Thy are trust worth even tho you are paying more. once you get it all done post up pics we all would love to see.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 5:08 PM
i didn't know they had them. yea if they do i would get them off of their site. thats where i got my HVAC leds and they are a great company.

1998 Sunfire, 2.2L auto

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 5:54 PM
you guys relize you don't have to go through the process of soldiering them in. autozone and adanved auto parts carry a product that replaces the little green holder for the 194 bulbs. they are like $1.25 a piece. you can pop the LED/lights in and out as you please. diffently makes it easier if one goes bad

AIM & Y!: COGcaviZ24
Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:08 AM
^got any info on these? like what there called or something? woulda mind just picking up 4 of those instead..

Thursday, March 16, 2006 7:28 AM
i got some in my car(i've on doing this mod for a while. it's just not on the top of my list). when get home i'll look at the package for a better description

Thursday, March 16, 2006 6:54 PM
alright they are called "5/8 Instrument Panel Sockets". if any you guys have autometer guages, it's same as what's holding the bulbs in the gauges.here is what they look like:

like i said earlier, they are like a buck and some change each at autozone or advanced auto parts. and you change the bulbs/LED's as you please. just pull it out

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search