intrest in custom center consoles? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
intrest in custom center consoles?
Monday, May 22, 2006 1:38 PM
whats up, i just finished my first "custom" center console, and i think it turned out pretty dam good. the new owner kinda of rushed it into the car, and it still needed minor filler work here or there. what i am trying to do, is i am getting ready to start a second, but i was wanting to see if there is an intrest in for a small fee, you send me your center console, and i will do this for you, sort of on the side to give me somthing to do. i have a few pictures of the first one almost done, but i will try to get alot more pictures of this console. basically the sky is the limit as far as ideas, the first one i mounted one guage pod on the passanger side of the console, i think it really sets the console off. but if you have any ideas throw them at me and we will see what we can come up with. i am willing to attempt anything. but like i said i am just trying to test the intrest here, and like i said, it wont be on a large scale for the reason of just giving me somthing to do in my spare time and help some people out at the same time.

Re: intrest in custom center consoles?
Monday, May 22, 2006 1:44 PM
sorry bout that, forgot to add the pictures... here we go

Monday, May 22, 2006 1:53 PM
Not too bad..kinda sticks out a little but still looks ok overall.

Monday, May 22, 2006 2:44 PM
how about molding them in in the little pocket in front of the cupholders?

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Monday, May 22, 2006 2:44 PM
i think it looks really good and i would like to see a pic in primer or color

Monday, May 22, 2006 4:14 PM
well like i said the first one is already gone, and it did kinda get rushed a bit. but as i work on this second one i will make sure to take plenty of pictures

Monday, May 22, 2006 4:18 PM
there is a clearance/visability issue in the pocket below the hvac. i am currently playing with one, putting the gauges in place of the cup holders. just to see what we can get. any other ideas????

Monday, May 22, 2006 4:41 PM
pretty kewl man keep up the good work

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 10:37 AM
I've thought of putting a gauge there. Looks good

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 12:52 PM
i'd say get the second one done, do a good job on it, post some quaility pics so people can tell wether or not your fiberglass work is flawless or flawed and post some prices of what you can afford to do the work for. then you will know who's serious or not.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 2:14 PM
sounds like a plan. i am acctually getting ready to sit down and go start glassing the 2nd one

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 3:16 PM
What about fiberglassing a piece to the console that fits in between the pocket behind the cupholder up to the HVAC. On mine it looks like there is plenty of room there for two gauges but that piece on the bottom of the dash got broken off before i got the car so that might have added some clearance. But if you angled the gauges up a little bit and had them to where they were more towards the right i think you could fit two gauges there. But then again my center console is a 99 z not one of the newer ones with two cupholders.
Just an idea. And if the second one looks good then i would get it done to mine to.
I think you will have alot of people interested that dont have any fiberglass experience if you can do a good job for a decent price.

aK
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 3:58 PM
i like it

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:07 PM
well i will keep everyone updated, i got distracted with a much of parts ariving today, hopefully i will have everything installed by tommarow night, and then i can jump back on the console. i will take a look at between the 2 before i go ahead and glass this one, because it sounds like its worth looking into. the only issue i can forsee is not being able to reach the screw in the front pocket...

Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:54 AM
sorry, i have had alot of @!#$ goin on lately, but i got to jump back on this console today, and i got it all sanded down, there are a few spots that are alittle thin that i wanna re-glass then get some filler on there and i should have some pictures of it, then primer and paint. just wanted to keep everyone up to speed

Thursday, June 01, 2006 5:02 PM
sweet keep me updated, I would like to have one of these built just a little different here is my e-mail likemann@hotmail.com

FOR SALE
Monday, June 05, 2006 9:12 AM
just wanted to give an update, i am about done with the glassing, there are a few spots were trying to blend the glass into the console just isnt looking right to me, and i still want to play with, but i am going out to get some more hardener, and then i should hopefully have somepictures of it in primer today, i just want to play with that back corner, then on to sanding, sanding sanding, then filler, then more sanding....

Thursday, June 08, 2006 2:12 PM
well here we go.. some teaser pictures... gotta wet sand the bottom, and then clear everything...

Thursday, June 08, 2006 2:32 PM
maybe its just the pics but it looks like the angle on the two cupholder pods seems to be pointing at were your knee would be.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 2:33 PM
I like the gauges in the cup holder thingy. How much would you charge to do just the cup holder things, not the one on the side? I'm going to be getting dual needle air pressure gauges and they don't fit in the Lotek pillar pod.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:07 PM
from a sitting position in the car they are aimed at me, straight on and i am 5 11 if that helps. basically what i am looking at, assuming that there is nothing extremely different, i am looking at about 75-100 per console, and then you supply the console. but i can only do one at a time, since i am doing this in my off time between work and school. but this one took about 2 weeks or so, with alot of changes from the last. personally i would like to go with 1 in hte closest cupholder for the one that will go in my car, this one is going in for the big show at rockingham, so if anyone is there, you are welcome to find my car and take a look. but after the show, this console will be fore sale. if i can get an offer here cool, other wise it will end up on ebay. so just let me know.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:05 PM
just a thought, but if you are working and going to school.. they be careful... dont get caught in too deep... its real easy to do that

just be careful man

Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:15 PM
Hor wrote:I like the gauges in the cup holder thingy. How much would you charge to do just the cup holder things, not the one on the side? I'm going to be getting dual needle air pressure gauges and they don't fit in the Lotek pillar pod.

i got mine to fit pretty good ill put pics up for you tommorrow

Friday, June 09, 2006 6:17 AM
Looks good so far. How about making one to incorparate an IPod holder?

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j130/mykeln/mysig.jpg
Friday, June 09, 2006 7:44 AM
i like it....looks good to me

waiting and listening to see whats going to come of this

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search